Building without any IDE in the new system

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Apr 15, 2014, 11:07:24 AM4/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have used the old SDK for years now and everything was great =) But since there is a new SDK, I suppose I should upgrade. But the problem is that there are no instructions for building for people that build bare-hands, without any kind of IDE, nor any kind of help tools. I just call javac and dx and etc manually.

With the old SDK I hat:

call javac -verbose -classpath %APK_SDK_PLATFORM%\android.jar;%APK_PROJECT_PATH%\libs\GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-6.4.1.jar -d bin\classes src\%APK_PACKAGE_PATH%\TrueDemocracy.java gen\%APK_PACKAGE_PATH%\R.java src\com\jjoe64\graphview\*.java src\com\jjoe64\graphview\compatible\*.java

So I thought that I can just grab the .jar from Google Play Services and put it where GoogleAdMobAdsSdk was, so I installed Google Play Services for Froyo and obtained the jar file from C:\Programas\android-sdk-newv22\extras\google\google_play_services_froyo\libproject\google-play-services_lib\libs and placed it where the old jar was and changed the build line accordingly:

call javac -verbose -classpath %APK_SDK_PLATFORM%\android.jar;%APK_PROJECT_PATH%\libs\google-play-services.jar -d bin\classes src\%APK_PACKAGE_PATH%\TrueDemocracy.java gen\%APK_PACKAGE_PATH%\R.java src\com\jjoe64\graphview\*.java src\com\jjoe64\graphview\compatible\*.java

But I get an error while building:

ibilityEventSource.class)]
src\com\felipe\truedemocracy\TrueDemocracy.java:28: package com.google.android.gms.ads does not exis
import com.google.android.gms.ads.*;
^

Any ideas what is wrong and in which jar this class is?

thanks =)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Apr 17, 2014, 7:50:39 PM4/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Felipe,

Instead of referencing the jar, you should reference the GPS service as a library project.

Hope this helps

Amy Quispe

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Apr 18, 2014, 4:18:49 AM4/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks, but I think that your instructions apply only to people using
ant, right? I am not using ant. I am calling javac+dx directly to
build my project.

thanks,