Keyword filter not working Flutter

Hari Aditya

May 6, 2021, 3:06:27 PM5/6/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I'm trying to use the keyword filter in the AdRequest parameter of a Banner or Native Ad, it doesn't work. Advertisments being shown are either random or based on other targeting factors such as search history or demographic. I'm trying to request advertisements which are specific to certain topics such as ['apparel', 'fashion', 'clothing']. I understand that the AdMob Dashboard has options to prevent/allow ads based on category but I need further refinement when it comes to the content of the advertisement being displayed. Does the Mobile Ads SDK support this feature? It is not working on my device. Thank You

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

May 6, 2021, 10:30:03 PM5/6/21
to hariad...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hari,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you please elaborate to us what are the use case of keyword filter you want to accomplish? Do you want to filter a specific category of ads in your app? In addition, please do note that the SDK just requests an ad to the ad server (e.g AdMob, Ad Manager, mediation networks, etc) and doesn't have any control on what ad it will get from the ad server.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela Pineda
Mobile Ads SDK Team