What is the purpose of linking Admob to App?

Bus Pgh

Nov 6, 2014, 12:44:25 PM11/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I've deployed an application in the play store, and prior to that had setup admob.  The app successfully displays ads, and I see some numbers for hits on the admob stats page. My question is what is the purpose of linking an add to an app? Is it required? Is there a benefit to doing so?  I see my app is now available to manually link by looking it up in the play store.

Thanks

Eric Leichtenschlag (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Nov 13, 2014, 5:58:02 PM11/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It enables you to run app install house ads using that app should you choose to enable them later. I'm not aware of any other benefits, other than a nice icon in your UI. You can still earn money through that app even if you don't link it.

Thanks,
Eric