I want to show REAL ads but getting this- “to get test ads on this device set gadmobileads.sharedinstance.requestconfiguration…”

SHAI L

Jul 29, 2020, 4:14:49 PM7/29/20
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I have one Rewarded-ad and one Native Ads Advanced (Unified). Both use mediation. I've been using Test ad units and it worked fine, now I'm ready to publish the app and use REAL ads, I switched the test ad units with the real app ad units. The rewarded ad works fine but the native ads don't work, I get this message on IOS (xcode)- "to get test ads on this device set gadmobileads.sharedinstance.requestconfiguration..." Why? I don't want to have a test device, I'm going to share it with many users soon, and why the error is only with Native ads?

Here is my code-

public void RequestNativeAd()
{

#if UNITY_ANDROID
        string adUnitId = "real ad unit android";
#elif UNITY_IPHONE
    string adUnitId = "real ad unit ios";
#endif
    adLoader = new AdLoader.Builder(adUnitId).ForUnifiedNativeAd().Build();
    adLoader.OnUnifiedNativeAdLoaded += this.HandleUnifiedNativeAdLoaded;
    adLoader.LoadAd(new AdRequest.Builder().Build());

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 29, 2020, 4:27:22 PM7/29/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this no Native ads showing with real ad unit Id's to our attention. The "error" you see is something that all apps that implement the Mobile Ads SDK would produce if the device you are testing isn't registered as a test device wether you are receiving ads or not. From this that you were getting test ads it appears that your implementation of the Native Ad is correct.

Of more concern is that you aren't receiving ads for your Native ad unit Id. There may be more limited ad inventory on the server for Native Ads than for other formats. For us to test on our end, could you send via "Reply privately to author" your AdMob app Id and ad unit Id affected?

Kind regards,
Aryeh Baker
Mobile. Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q22a8p1:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 31, 2020, 10:47:07 AM7/31/20
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I tested your Id's by useing our sample scene of https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity/tree/master/samples/Roll-A-Ball-NativeDemo/Assets . I received consistently with your app Id and ad unit Id "Ad Loader fail event received with message: Failed to receive ad with error: Request Error: No ad to show." This shows that there's no ad inventory on AdMob for your ad unit Id.

From your earlier post you mentioned you weren't getting any errors at all. Could you confirm if you implemented the handling of failed ad loads as described here https://developers.google.com/admob/unity/native-advanced-unified#handle_failed_ad_loads? Note that this requires adding a handler like this: "adLoader.OnUnifiedNativeAdLoaded += this.HandleNativeAdFailedToLoad;".

Native ads may have less inventory than other formats. You had mentioned that you have done mediation, and that increases your chances at having inventory. Have you tested out your mediation setup with our Mediation Test Suite as shown here - https://developers.google.com/admob/unity/mediation-test-suite? If you want us to test wether we see ads on our end with your mediation setup, could you tell is which mediation packages and their versions you added to your setup? If interested in our testing, please make sure that your mediation partners are providing to your ad unit test ads.