Understanding Admob mediation and House ads

Karen

Nov 8, 2013, 6:33:12 AM11/8/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I everyone,
I have a several question regarding to admob house ads and mediation.

First of all I have admob publisher account and two applications in the app store which are using the admob. Now i want to show first application add banner inside the second application, to do this i have created a mediation profile with house ads, and replaced the second application adUnitId to the mediationId, which is pointing to house ads and admob ads.

As i undersnad from the following video tutorial there must by a way to allocate the ads by percentage, but i couldn't find any allocation option,

1. Is it still available?
2.  If it is not available , is there any way to  allocate the ads by percentage? for example 40%/60%?

 When i created the house ads Inside the Impression Goal section i was put the 0.3$ in CPM field, what does mean Value and CPM fields? i couldn't quite understand the meaning of that fields.
And also when i check Fully allocated, it says that i will never serve paid ads, it means that even if i have ad mob ads within my mediation profile i will never provide it during the campaign period?

now my mediation profile looks like the following way , but no house ads is receiving, when I'm disabling the admob ads, house ads starting works good.
whats the problem?

I'm sorry for such kind of questions, but i'm completely new in admob.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 8, 2013, 10:19:49 PM11/8/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karen,

The percentage allocation on mediation networks is no longer available. Setting the same eCPM is supposed to work 50/50, but according to some reports from other members on this forum that isn't the case on the legacy UI, which you appear to still be on. The 50/50 split with same eCPM should work on the new UI on apps.admob.com.

I can think of two options as workarounds:

1) Create an impression goal for your house ads, and set your house ad network to the higher eCPM value.
2) Write a custom event that requests the house ads from AdMob a percentage of the time, and have this custom event always serve first. An example of this custom event can be found here.

Thanks,
Eric

Karen

Nov 9, 2013, 2:18:03 AM11/9/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer Eric,
and what about the last part of the question? i couldn't see any house ads right now, i need to disable ad mob network to see them, whats is wrong with the config?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 11, 2013, 8:37:55 PM11/11/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karen,

My guess would be that the system is always choosing AdMob Network over AdMob House ads when the values are the same. Have you tried workaround #1 above?

Thanks,
Eric

Karen

Nov 13, 2013, 1:45:34 PM11/13/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
thanks for the answer,
yes I have tried but no result, anyway thank you for everything, I have decided to write my own mediation SDK.

2013/11/12 Eric Leichtenschlag <eleich...@google.com>

--

---