RE: [google-admob-ads-sdk] request error : no ad to show

Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 24, 2024, 11:55:03 AMMay 24
to alpham...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK Support team.

Kindly note that I have removed your response from the forums as it contains the PII information.

After a thorough review of the account we have found that your app hasn’t been reviewed yet. To have it reviewed, make sure your app has been verified. You must also link your app to a supported app store in AdMob to trigger the review.

Please find below your previous response with redacted information.

One of our iOS apps is connected to the latest version of admob sdk, appid, unitid app-ads has been configured, using the official dedicated test ad unit ID: ***********************************. The current problem is that the advertisement cannot be requested, and the prompt message is No ad to show -> using test /app ID for interstitial, the application ID is ***********************************, please help to check the reason, thank you.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ5G5:ref" (ADR-00236382)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Anna

May 27, 2024, 5:23:17 AMMay 27
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Thank you for your response. We have followed the steps to set up app-ads.txt as required. (https://support.google.com/admob/answer/9363762?sjid=13461643796723623949-AP#step3)We have successfully completed steps one through three:

  1. Establish your developer website
  2. Create your app-ads.txt file
  3. Publish your app-ads.txt file on your developer website

However, we have not been able to complete steps four and five:

  1. Wait for AdMob to crawl and verify your app-ads.txt file
  2. Check that your app-ads.txt file is verified in your AdMob account  (we cannot see the app that needs verification on this page)

AdMob has not crawled and verified this file, and we are unsure where the issue lies. The publisher ID in the app-ads.txt file was copied from the app-ads.txt under the AdMob application. The website link is https://alphamotech.com/app-ads.txt. This step is also set (Apple App Store: add your developer website in the marketing URL field of the product details).

Could you please assist us in identifying the problem?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Kathy

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 27, 2024, 10:32:26 AMMay 27
to alpham...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for providing more information.

It is good to hear that you have completed the first 3 steps. Step 4 is from AdMob's side and be informed that it can take up to 24 hours for AdMob to crawl and verify your app-ads.txt files. Once step 4 is completed, then step 5 is from your side to verify your app-ads.txt file.

To investigate whether you published your file correctly, check that you successfully see your file's content when you access the app-ads.txt URL in your web browser. If you can see the file in your web browser, it is likely that crawlers will successfully find it. View the details about AdMob's attempts to crawl your app-ads.txt file in your AdMob account.

Anna

May 27, 2024, 11:13:06 PMMay 27
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the first three steps mentioned in the email, we completed them on May 16th. The current issue is that we have been waiting for AdMob to crawl our app-ads.txt file on our website. We have been waiting for over 24 hours, and our progress is stuck at step four, preventing us from moving on to step five. As a result, we are unable to enable ads.

Please help us determine the cause. Is there an issue with the app-ads.txt file we submitted on our website, or has our app been restricted or banned (ca-app-pub-1665036043476340~6913737915)? Please assist us in investigating this issue.

Thank you for your help.

Kathy

Anna

May 27, 2024, 11:13:08 PMMay 27
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hi,

I would like to provide additional details to facilitate your investigation. The app ID is: ca-app-pub-1665036043476340~6913737915,the website link is https://alphamotech.com/app-ads.txt. Attached, you will find the relevant information about the app, as well as screenshots showing that no ads were displayed during testing.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kahty
1.png
2.png
app-ads.txt.png
3.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 28, 2024, 4:18:21 AMMay 28
to alpham...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anna,

Thank you for providing additional information.

The app is in ready state now and I have run the ads successfully in emulator, kindly check the AdMob dashboard. Do reach out to us if you face any further issues regarding Google Mobile ads.

AA

May 28, 2024, 5:26:42 AMMay 28
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hi,

After testing, we still cannot retrieve test ads in both real device and simulator environments.

The steps we took to modify the project for testing are as follows:

Used the official InterstitialExample project

Updated the library with Pod update.

Replaced the app bundle ID with com.alphatech.manl

Replaced GADApplicationIdentifier with ca-app-pub-1665036043476340~6913737915

Attached is the test project after we completed the above steps. It can be run directly.

AA

May 28, 2024, 7:09:21 AMMay 28
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

The attachment cannot be sent all at once, so it is divided into two parts. This is the first part

归档.zip

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 28, 2024, 10:07:09 AMMay 28
to alpham...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details

We ran the application and this issue is related to your specific package name, we can confirm this is not an SDK integration issue. I would recommend checking a few additional resources to make sure all configurations are correct:

You may also refer to common reason for ads not showing for additional scenarios, as well as the fixes for those.