Error "Could not parse mediation config:"

Kevin K

Jun 1, 2014, 11:12:09 AM6/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have been getting errors like the titles mentioned.

Could not parse mediation config: {"ad_type":"banner" <--- Created Ad Unit for it. With .addTestDevice() . Error started this morning.
Could not parse mediation config: {"ad_type":"interstitial"  <--- NO Ad Unit created, as I could load them successfully the first few day until this morning. With.addTestDevice()

Is there any fix for it?
And yes, by the way, I accidentally generated 5impessions on my first try 29May when I was doing testing before realizing that there is .addTestDevice(). So is this the reason why I am getting the above errors?
Because earlier today, the 5impressions on 29 May showed up on AdMob report and I have been getting the 2 errors above since then.
Is my admob account getting banned? I apologize for the 5impressions that I've accidentally generated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kevin

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jun 2, 2014, 10:05:08 PM6/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This error just means there was no fill from AdMob and there are no other networks in your mediation flow (which will be true if you're requesting test ads). This isn't related to the 5 live impressions (in general AdMob is not too concerned with live impressions during development - the real issue is clicking live ads during development).

Based on a couple of reports it seems that test ads may not be returning successfully 100% of the time, which happens to expose this message. We'll continue to monitor this over the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Eric

Mike

Jun 2, 2014, 11:12:49 PM6/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm coming into the same issue and error message. I can't even load test ads. This is a newly created ad unit. The 'older' ads appear to be ok.

Mike

Mike

Jun 3, 2014, 8:36:19 PM6/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
My issue was due to incorrect code. I attempted to show the ad before it was loaded and incorrectly assumed it would automatically pop-up after it was loaded.

Kevin K

Jun 11, 2014, 11:31:16 PM6/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I realize that afterwards. Sorry for my late reply. THank you so much!