Problem with admob interstitials

Javanshir Alammadli

May 17, 2014, 6:12:11 AM5/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have a problem with admob interstitials when I load them via listener on app launch, that they don't always load, and I don't know why.

This is from one of my long session apps:
Requests: 159,344
Impressions: 107,293
Fill Rate: 99.48%

From the fill rate, around 158.500 requests had to be filled. But from impressions only ~67% is filled. The app uses internet (so it is impossible that after request users disable internet), and it is long session app. And this is happening with all my apps where I show ad on app launch. I checked with other network (startapp), and it worked correct. And no problem with banners, only with interstitials.
In some other apps it is even ~50%.

This is the code, in case if you want to see it:

interstitial.loadAd(adRequest);
interstitial.setAdListener(new AdListener()
{
@Override
public void onAdLoaded()
{
loadAd();
}
});

and loadAd() method is here:

public void loadAd()
{
if (interstitial.isLoaded() && isInForeground()) // with isInForeground I am checking whether the app is in foreground or not
{
interstitial.show();
}
}

Regards
Message has been deleted

sami

May 19, 2014, 4:06:55 PM5/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
use this code ;

    interstitial = new InterstitialAd(this);

    interstitial.setAdUnitId("ca-app-pub-6464646373877");

    AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build();

    interstitial.loadAd(adRequest);

    interstitial.setAdListener(new AdListener() {

        @Override

        public void onAdLoaded() {

          if (interstitial.isLoaded()) {

              interstitial.show();}}});

Javanshir Alammadli

May 19, 2014, 4:15:11 PM5/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I am actually using the same code, I just have an additional function that checks if the app is in foreground or not, to be sure that it is not shown after user exits.

sure I have initializing the interstitial above. It normally works in my device, but don't know why, ~65% of requests are filled

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 19, 2014, 9:18:24 PM5/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
So fill rate != impressions / requests in the case of interstitials. It is equal to filled requests / requests. An impression is only recorded once show() is called. Perhaps the isInForeground() check is not reliable or is really failing 1/3 of the time.

Thanks,
Eric