issue about Consent Management Platform

ce gaming

Jun 22, 2023, 1:41:29 AM6/22/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
welcome
I have a problem and I don't know what to do
My application is directed to children and I put the codes on this page
Which shows that the application is directed to children, especially ads, and so far there is no problem, and I have updated the application on the store.
Four days ago, Google sent me a warning about this topic (GDPR message) in my Admob account
Here is the problem:
00.png
And it tells me that the required codes regarding this matter must be placed in the application so that a message appears to users in this area (EEA and UK)
I put the codes for this topic, but I stopped uploading the update because a friend told me that this library should not be put in the children's application, or in a more correct sense, that there is a conflict between the codes that are found here on this page
And between the codes for this topic ( GDPR message and implementing the UMP SDK)
UMP uses an AD ID which you are not allowed to use for apps targeting children.
So I don't know what to do. Should I leave it as it is and upload the update with the existence of (UMP) or should I delete the codes for (UMP)
And if you delete it, how will the problem be solved in the picture above

ce gaming

Jun 22, 2023, 11:57:25 AM6/22/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
any one can help please

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 23, 2023, 3:58:39 AM6/23/23
to cegamingp...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With regard to your concern, the UMP SDK indeed uses AD ID which is not allowed for Child-directed setting. However, this does not conflict to your app. When you install the UMP SDK to get consent to your user in the European Economic Area (EEA) along with the UK, then you request an ad with Child-directed setting. The Mobile Ads SDK will respect/follow the Child-directed setting and will not use the AD ID even though you've added the UMP SDK that uses AD ID.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2mWKBJ:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

ce gaming

Jun 23, 2023, 11:31:09 AM6/23/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello
Thank you for your help and cooperation
Do you mean that I can put the two together inside the children's application and there will be no harm from Google or any problem from Google policy

Yegor Kurbachev

Jun 26, 2023, 1:42:52 AM6/26/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Came here actually looking for such a thread. So, the answer is — this DOES conflict with your app.

I have got an email from Google Play TODAY, saying:

"...During review, we found that your app (APK Version: 29, Track: Production) violates the Families Policy Requirements. We've identified that your app or an SDK in your app transmits identifier(s) that do not comply with our Families Policy. These identifiers may include, but are not limited to Android Advertising ID (AAID).

For example, the destinations of Android Advertising ID transmission may include, but are not limited to fundingchoicesmessages.google.com.

Apps that solely target children, must not transmit the following:
— Android Advertising ID (AAID)..."

So I've got 2 weeks to fix, which is apparently remove the UMP SDK.
Looks like one department of Google doesn't know what the other is doing and if UMP SDK is not fixed to NOT use the AAID, before the GDPR message comes into effect — we're all f*cked (well, those of us, developing for kids).

I would LOVE to have a solution ASAP...

Regards,
Yegor

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 26, 2023, 3:50:57 AM6/26/23
to ad...@jvesoft.com, cegamingp...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We will have to share this to the wider team to provide assistance on this. Rest assured that one of our team will reach out to you.

ce gaming

Jun 26, 2023, 7:35:53 AM6/26/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hello again
So far we have not had a final solution to the issue.
Do I put ( UMP SDK) in my application that is intended for children under five years of age.
Especially since (  UMP SDK) is used for ( AD ID) which conflicts with child implementations which do not allow the use of ( AD ID) .
I hope for a final solution and a response as soon as possible so that the problem with the account is resolved

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 26, 2023, 2:34:04 PM6/26/23
to cegamingp...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have escalated your case to the greater engineering team and will respond back here as soon as we have resolved the matter related to your question.

Thanks,
Justin

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2mWKBJ:ref

ce gaming

Jun 26, 2023, 11:41:16 PM6/26/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Please respond as soon as possible and solve the problem or give us suggestions so that no problems occur in our account
Message has been deleted

ce gaming

Jun 28, 2023, 10:18:07 AM6/28/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
So far, we have not received a response to solve the problem
Do I add (UMP) in my apps that are directed to children or does this cause danger to the app and the account

Hezi medina

Aug 3, 2023, 4:38:08 AM8/3/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hi, I share the answer I get about that

This issue should be resolved if you upgrade to UMP SDK v2.1. If you tags TFUA, then UMP SDK does not receive ADID.

Using UMP SDK 2.1.0 and tagging user under age of consent via the isTagForUnderAgeOfConsent API should stop UMP from transmitting AD ID on tagged traffic and this will allow to submit to Play Store successfully.

You can find the new implementation instructions and code snippets here:

Release notes for UMP SDK v2.1:

Genaldo Silva de Holanda

Aug 3, 2023, 4:57:50 AM8/3/23
to Yegor Kurbachev, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Genaldo Holanda

--

---