【Action Required】AdMob SDK upgrade

AuroraAppDesign

Jun 4, 2014, 7:33:20 PM6/4/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I received a letter today stating one of my apps is not using the current Android AdMob SDK, and is therefore not supplying the Android Advertising ID.

However, I integrated the Google Play Services library last year.

So, I am not sure why I would receive this email?

My understanding is that if the app is using Google Play Services, then the Android Advertising ID is supplied automatically.

I am going to update my Google Play Services library from r16 to r17 just in case this is the issue.

So my questions are, Why did I receive this email?

And, after I update my app, how can I verify it is supplying the Android Advertising ID correctly?

Thank you.

Yan Cheng Cheok

Jun 5, 2014, 1:48:42 AM6/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jun 5, 2014, 9:38:18 PM6/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
You probably still got the email because not all users updated your app since your Google Play services update, so you still have ad traffic running against the old SDK. That's fine though, existing traffic will still work fine after the deadline, you just won't be able to update your apps with the old SDK after August 1, 2014 per the policy.

If you've integrated any version of Google Play services since it was released with Google Mobile Ads (Google Play services 4.0, aka revision 13), than you're good to go.

Thanks,
Eric