Problems with Admob upgrade...

Ed Williams

Mar 10, 2014, 3:11:42 PM3/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I've been extremely frustrated with the AdMob upgrade.

My account had been upgraded automatically (or perhaps by an errant click, I can't be sure). As I wasn't aware of the upgrade, whenever I visited www.admob.com I was brought to the legacy site, where all my reporting suddenly showed 0s for all traffic.

Seeing as something looked obviously wrong, I tried to fine AdMob's support telephone line, but of course they have none, and even an web contact form is extremely hard to find. Not finding anything in the help section or otherwise, I decided to update some ad placements to see if revenue would return. I created two ad placements in the legacy system, and the revenue did return to these placements in my legacy system while the others remained at 0.

I finally found out about the 'new' site at apps.admob.com... It turned out that while my legacy portal was showing 0s for all placements, the traffic was being tracked correctly in the new site.

However, the placements I created in the legacy portal after the upgrade remain in the legacy portal, with no option to upgrade them. I was finally able to navigate to a support contact form for AdMob upgrade issues and I explained the above to them, and they simply told me that

"Yes, once you upgrade your account, you should only access the new AdMob at apps.admob.com. Also, any placements created in the legacy UI cannot be migrated over. If you'd like to continue using these placements, you'll have to recreate them in the new UI."

This seems like a lousy 'solution'. Will I continue to get two payments each month, one for legacy, one for the new system? Do I need to meet the minimum threshold each month on the legacy account to get payments? I am extremely frustrated with the lack of support/help from AdMob. Is there anything I can do, or is my AdMob account just permanently screwed up now? Maybe it's time to start looking at other ad solutions..

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Mar 11, 2014, 5:39:09 PM3/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

We don't handle these kinds of questions here. We focus on SDK-related questions. Our help center is better suited for these kinds of queries.

The two interfaces aren't really meant to be used together. I'd try to re-create things in the new UI when it makes sense for you to re-release your apps. Sorry that you've had so much trouble upgrading.

Amy Quispe

Ed Williams

Mar 11, 2014, 5:45:06 PM3/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it doesn't look like AdMob handles these types of questions anywhere, the help center and the response I got when I finally got to the contact form were not helpful.

I guess I'll recreate the placements in the new system and leave the old placements accumulating small amounts of revenue from users who don't upgrade in the legacy system...  It's frustrating that there's no one at AdMob who can help me out in this situation -- clearly legacy ad placements are able to be imported as it was done to my other legacy placements..

--

---