Production Ads not Showing on Devices in TestFlight Builds (iOS)

Ebry Dobby

Jul 17, 2018, 9:07:09 AM7/17/18
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
We have enabled AdMob in our app. Test ads are served up correctly in the emulator and on devices using the banner test ad unit id. We have built and deployed to TestFlight for Beta testing using the production ad unit id. The banner is just white with no ads on our devices and the devices of our test users. We have not added test devices to our code. We also disabled "Limit Ad Tracking" on our devices. I can see some activity in AdMob, so it looks like it is trying to do something.

Do ads not get served in Beta? I have read where it takes time for the ads to show but it has been several weeks.

Thanks,
Ted
Ebry Dobby, LLC

Ebry Dobby

Jul 17, 2018, 1:30:11 PM7/17/18
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I should add that the same AdMob account is working with an Android app and has been for years.

mobileadssdk-a...@google.com

Jul 17, 2018, 3:17:07 PM7/17/18
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, ebry...@gmail.com
Hi Ebry,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If you are loading a newly created Ad Unit Id it usually takes a few hours to serve an Ad and other than that you should not have any issues when you are trying to load Ads. For testing purposes, you can use  Test Ads from Google with the  sample Ad Unit Ids. What is the error that you are seeing the device logs when you are trying to load an ad? Can you please share your Ad unit Ids and complete device logs for us to take a look? Also, please confirm whether you were able to load ads with your Ad unit Ids using our Sample apps. You can share the requested details using "Reply privately to Author" option.

Regards,
Deepika Uragayala
Mobile Ads SDK Team
Also find us on our blog and Google+ page:
    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com
    https://plus.google.com/115658573333388777174/

mobileadssdk-a...@google.com

Jul 18, 2018, 3:40:07 PM7/18/18
to Ebry Dobby, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Ted,

Thanks for sharing the Ad unit Ids privately. I was able to load live ads with your Ad unit Ids using our sample apps without any issues. Can you make sure that you reset the Advertising Identifier by going through Settings >Privacy >Advertising> Reset Advertising Identifier and tap on the reset identifier to clear out the data associated with the Advertising Identifier while the Limit Ad Tracking toggle switch is OFF? Can you try on a different device and on a different Wifi/4G data and see if it helps? And, can you also check what AdError is being thrown via the GADBannerViewDelegate and let us know? Please send the complete device logs for us verify.

--

---