Admob Ads not showing with 3g connection, but showing with Wi-Fi?

Matt

Apr 30, 2014, 1:02:23 AM4/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm playing around with some admob ads for my app that I am developing, and I have managed to get the ads to show up just fine with Wi-fi connected, but as soon as I use 3g, the ads do not show up, and I get the following error message:

Use AdRequest.Builder.addTestDevice("blahblahblah") to get test ads on this device.
Starting ad request.
Error while connecting to ad server: failed to connect to googleads.g.doubleclick.net/74.125.225.250 (port 80) after 60000ms: isConnected failed: ENETUNREACH (Network is unreachable)
There was a problem getting an ad response. ErrorCode: 2
Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.
Failed to load ad: 2

Other applications on my phone (written by others) that use AdMob ads work fine with 3g, but mine does not.

Has anyone seem this behaviour before?

Thanks!

Matt.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Apr 30, 2014, 6:43:25 PM4/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Error code 2 means network error. I'm not sure why the connection fails only on your app, but the logs indicate you've integrated AdMob correctly.

Thanks,
Eric

Matt

Apr 30, 2014, 8:23:17 PM4/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Eric.

Yes, I'm quite sure I've coded it correctly - as it works fine on Wi-Fi.  The problem is occurring on both a Nexus 5 phone (4.4.2) and an older HTC One phone (2.3.3).

I even installed the appropriate example Google project here:

... but I get the same problem.  I'm wondering if it's something to do with the google play library that I'm referencing in both projects, although I can't imagine why it would cause this error?

Thanks!

Matt.

Matt

Apr 30, 2014, 10:36:28 PM4/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have just noticed another error in the logcat output:

E/Ads     ( 6571): JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_buildAdURL is not defined (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/:1)
I/chromium( 6571): [INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_buildAdURL is not defined", source: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ (1)
I/Ads     ( 1651): Ad is not visible. Not refreshing ad.
I/Ads     ( 1651): Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.
I/Ads     ( 3785): Ad is not visible. Not refreshing ad.
I/Ads     ( 3785): Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.

Does that ring any further bells?

Thanks!

Matt.

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 1, 2014, 8:55:18 PM5/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Is this last error happening with the Nexus 5 or your HTC One? And on 3g or wifi?

This particular error could occur if for some reason an AdMob JS file couldn't be loaded, which could happen on a spotty connection.

Matt

May 2, 2014, 3:31:32 AM5/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

The error was occurring on my Nexus 4 (sorry, not 5!).  I was playing around on the HTC (Desire) with 2.3.3, and it actually worked today on 3g, with no errors, but still failing on the Nexus 4 (on 3g).  Both work fine on wifi.

I guess I'll put it down to something weird on my Nexus, but when I do some more testing on other devices, I'll get more of an idea.

Thanks!

Matt.

Idan Ben Shalom

May 16, 2014, 7:50:57 AM5/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey, it also happens to me after setting the new google play services SDK and I also have nexus 4, haven't tested on other devices yet.
The fill rate has dramatically decreased from 98% to 65%.
Any suggestions please ?

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 16, 2014, 6:04:00 PM5/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The fill rate drop is odd, but I still don't think this issue accounts for a third of requests. In your case I'd recommend trying to contact product support here for help understanding the fill rate drop.

Thanks,
Eric

TTT

Oct 3, 2014, 9:36:08 AM10/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Is this issue resolved?

I too have the same issue - on Nexus 4, I don't get the ad on mobile data but it works fine on wi-fi.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ade Rinto Sudarmaji

Feb 20, 2017, 10:20:49 PM2/20/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have problem ads doesn't show at my device (samsung A7), but it works in other device (samsung s7 ).

Eric Leichtenschlag (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Feb 21, 2017, 7:23:54 PM2/21/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Ade,

Since this thread is over 2 years old, I'm going to lock it and suggest you open up a new thread if you still have an issue.

Off the top of my head, a couple of reasons you may not get ads back are:

1) Your A7 doesn't have internet access
2) Your A7 has an ad blocker installed

Thanks,
Eric, Mobile Ads SDK team