iOS: 15 memory leaks (initialization)

kb

Aug 14, 2023, 11:22:56 AM8/14/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hello,

Using xcode's instrument to find memory leaks in my application, I found that I had 15 memory leaks. After searching, I found the problem: google Mobile Ads. If I deactivate Google mobile Ads.

To confirm this I created a new SwiftUI project with the simple text "hello Word". I initialized Google Mobile Ads in appDelegate ( in application(application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:), with GADMobileAds.sharedInstance().start(completionHandler: nil) that's it.

the memory leak problem is still present

258739390-44f81011-ff29-4fd8-be38-c152650d398d.jpg

Google Mobile Ads: 10.9
Xcode: 14.3.1
Simulator: iOS 16.4 on iPhone 14 Pro
macoOS: 13.5

Here is a test project: https://github.com/Djibs/testMemoryLeaksGoogleMobileAdsv10.9/tree/main/testMemoryLeaksGoogleMobileAds

You just have to create a simple project in swiftUI and import google Mobile Ads.

You initialize google mobile ads in the AppDelagate class.

Thank you

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 14, 2023, 2:36:36 PM8/14/23
to kultu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kb,

Thank you for reporting this to us. I tested the provided app and can confirm the issue on my end. With that, allow me to relay this to a wider team for further checking. I'll let you know the soonest I hear back from them.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2ns3Rb:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team