Admob, Admob Mediation and COPPA

nikola dimev

Dec 18, 2017, 5:05:34 AM12/18/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi All

Can someone get back to me on the following questions:

1. I realize that the fill rate for COPPA apps might be limited but what is the best way to test the admob integration for this category of apps - since even if I add the device as a test device I still get "Failed to load ad: 3"

2. Does the ad mediation works for app that are "primarily directed towards children under the age of 13 as defined by COPPA". There are COPPA networks such as Kidoz and Superawsome but I cannot get a single ad via the mediation when testing from an app defined in google play as directed towards children under 13, but If I try it with a different package ID I get the ads from the other networks.

Bharani Cherukuri (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Dec 18, 2017, 12:58:12 PM12/18/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

That's right. If your apps are enrolled for the "Designed for Families" or Child-targeted, they constitute a smaller portion of the regular ads stack. The serve rate is low when compared to the regular AdMob pool. You may refer to this documentation for more information.

As for your second concern, AdMob currently doesn’t allow mediation for these apps. You may refer to this support article as a reference. It is currently on the roadmap and you can monitor our blog for any updates or announcements about this feature.

Regards,
Bharani Cherukuri
Mobile Ads SDK Team