Presented offline GADInterstitialAd counting

Andrij Myronyuk

Jun 25, 2024, 10:47:39 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

is presented offline  GADInterstitialAd counted by google admob when a device reconnects while the app is active?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 25, 2024, 12:22:20 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to andrijmyr...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Mobile Ads SDK team.

Are you facing any issue with Interstitial ads loading or policy violations ? I’m not sure that  SDK is maintaining offline count or not because i don't see any documentation on that.

Could you please provide a detailed explanation of the issue and the business logic associated with the offline count information?

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJSuz:ref" (ADR-00243812)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Andrij Myronyuk

Jun 26, 2024, 2:25:52 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

there is no issue as an issue
I'm just going to use it within iOS app that is completely functional offline
that's why a user might guess to use the turning off net as an ad off solution
and
that's why from time to time the app will ask s/he to turn on the net if it's not
so idea is to load adv as soon as the net appears and start every next loading immediately after showing already loaded ad
thus there might be case that the preloaded ad is shown when there is no net. I wouldn't like to show it uselessly

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 27, 2024, 2:41:16 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to andrijmyr...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Kindly note that Mobile Ads SDK has no offline ads and unfortunately this is not a feature that supports at this time. If there is no Internet connection, show a dialog that data connection is required.

Remember that ads should never be the primary focus of the app, so don’t compromise on the user experience in order to place interstitial ads within your app.