Can I Make Direct Referrals for Rewarded Ads?

Muhammed

Jun 12, 2024, 5:14:38 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
When the button is clicked, the current time is saved.

The checkAndShowAd method displays an ad if 5 minutes have passed since the last click. If not, no ad will be displayed. In short, when the user clicks on the "win reward" button, he will not watch ads for 5 minutes. So the reward he will win is; You will watch fewer ads.

Can I do this? Does it cause any problems? Because I don't give any in-app rewards in return, I just make them watch fewer ads.

long lastClickTime = 0;

button.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
    @Override
    public void onClick(View v) {
    1718226084296
        lastClickTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
    }
});

private void checkAndShowAd() {
    long currentTimeMillis = System.currentTimeMillis();
    // 5 minutes = 5 * 60 * 1000
    if (currentTimeMillis - lastClickTime > 5 * 60 * 1000) {
        showAd();
    }
}
Yeni Proje.jpg

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 13, 2024, 4:32:08 AM (13 days ago) Jun 13
to 4d756861...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK Support team.

Certainly, such an approach is feasible and also please refer to the Google AdMob Rewarded Ads Playbook guide for more details.

Please reach out to us, if you have any queries related to Google Mobile Ads SDK.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJJAI:ref" (ADR-00239968)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Muhammed

Jun 13, 2024, 5:24:59 AM (13 days ago) Jun 13
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, there is no answer to my question here. I have read it before. Does watching a rewarded ad really count as a reward if there is no 5-minute ad showing as I mentioned? I want to know if this policy complies with

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 13, 2024, 10:33:47 AM (13 days ago) Jun 13
to 4d756861...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Muhammed,

In your case when an user taps on the rewarded ad button the ads get delayed by 5 minutes which may disturb the user interaction for example - user might be playing a game or navigating through some pages and suddenly an ad appears. As this behavior can disturb the user - app interaction flow this could be considered as policy violation. and kindly note that only after viewing the rewarded ad the reward will be processed but not as soon as clicking the button, Publishers must deliver the promised reward(s) to the user upon completion of the required action(s).

Kindly refer Policies for ad units that offer rewards and FAQ articles which might be helpful for further understanding and as mentioned earlier kindly refer Google AdMob Rewarded Ads Playbook guide for ad placement and designing prompt to the user.

Could you please mention why would you like to implement the rewarded ad in such use case?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Muhammed

Jun 14, 2024, 4:06:03 AM (12 days ago) Jun 14
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,
I think I was misunderstood. Please let me explain.

Normally, there is an "interstitial" in the application. However, too many interstitial ads may negatively affect users. Therefore, when you create a certain area and click on the "win reward" button, you will be entitled to use the 5-minute application without advertising. In other words, after watching the rewarded ad, the user will not watch interstitial ads within the application for 5 minutes. Is offering the opportunity to skip 5-minute ads instead of any money or points compatible with the rewarded advertising policy?

My Example;

long lastClickTime = 0;

winRewardButton.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {

    @Override
    public void onClick(View v) {
       // The user rewarded ad was watched and reward was won
        showRewardedAd();

        lastClickTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
    }
});

private void checkAndShowAd() {
    long currentTimeMillis = System.currentTimeMillis();
    // 5 minutes = 5 * 60 * 1000
    if (currentTimeMillis - lastClickTime > 5 * 60 * 1000) {
        showInterstitialAd();
    }
}

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 14, 2024, 8:33:54 AM (12 days ago) Jun 14
to 4d756861...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Muhammed,

Yes, this could be done and it's counted as a reward, as the mentioned reward in the prompt for rewarded ad is being fulfilled. But make sure that you have placed the interstitial ads according to Interstitial ad guidance. kindly note that they are best placed at natural app transition points. AdMob publishers should carefully implement interstitial ads to provide good user experiences and avoid accidental clicks.