[AppLovinSdk] Unable to find AppLovin SDK key

Alex

Dec 6, 2022, 10:51:58 AM12/6/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I added AppLovin Unity Mediation Plugin 6.4.3 and it has such error on the app start:
2022.12.06 17:39:46.850 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk [AppLovinSdk] Unable to find AppLovin SDK key. Please add  meta-data android:name="applovin.sdk.key" android:value="YOUR_SDK_KEY_HERE" into AndroidManifest.xml.
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk [AppLovinSdk] Called with an invalid SDK key from: java.lang.Throwable:
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.applovin.impl.sdk.n.a(Unknown Source:423)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinSdk.getInstance(Unknown Source:105)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinSdk.getInstance(Unknown Source:14)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinSdk.getInstance(Unknown Source:5)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinSdk.initializeSdk(Unknown Source:2)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinSdk.initializeSdk(Unknown Source:1)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.unity3d.player.ReflectionHelper.nativeProxyInvoke(Native Method)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.unity3d.player.ReflectionHelper.a(Unknown Source:0)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.unity3d.player.ReflectionHelper$1.invoke(Unknown Source:29)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.invoke(Proxy.java:1006)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at $Proxy23.onInitializationComplete(Unknown Source)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.client.zzec.zzb(com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite@@21.3.0:8)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.google.android.gms.internal.ads.zzbrw.zzbI(com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite@@21.3.0:3)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.google.android.gms.internal.ads.zzasa.onTransact(com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-base@@21.3.0:3)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at android.os.Binder.transact(Binder.java:1200)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at afj.be(:com.google.android.gms.policy_ads_fdr_dynamite@224400003@224400003057.484457631.484457631:2)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.initialization.f.e(:com.google.android.gms.policy_ads_fdr_dynamite@224400003@224400003057.484457631.484457631:0)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.google.android.gms.ads.nonagon.initialization.f.run(:com.google.android.gms.policy_ads_fdr_dynamite@224400003@224400003057.484457631.484457631:2)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:942)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at ass.a(:com.google.android.gms.policy_ads_fdr_dynamite@224400003@224400003057.484457631.484457631:0)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.util.f.a(:com.google.android.gms.policy_ads_fdr_dynamite@224400003@224400003057.484457631.484457631:1)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at ass.dispatchMessage(:com.google.android.gms.policy_ads_fdr_dynamite@224400003@224400003057.484457631.484457631:0)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:226)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:313)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8741)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:571)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1067)
2022.12.06 17:39:46.851 26196 26196 Error AppLovinSdk

Approximatively all unity versions and all AppLovin plugin versions.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 6, 2022, 2:23:18 PM12/6/22
to mrsh...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

For us to investigate the issue further, could you please provide the following details?
  • App ID
  • Ad Unit ID
  • Sample app where the issue is reproducible
  • Full stack trace of the crash log
  • Steps to repro the issue
Kindly provide the requested information via reply privately to author option, or by following the steps below.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gjD2E:ref

Alex

Dec 6, 2022, 3:22:58 PM12/6/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Ok, I think removing this line: "GoogleMobileAds.Api.Mediation.AppLovin.AppLovin.Initialize();" fixes the issue.
I placed it after Google Mobile Ads initialization and it gives the error.
I just don't understand where it should be?

вторник, 6 декабря 2022 г. в 21:23:18 UTC+2, mobileadssdk:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 7, 2022, 12:23:51 AM12/7/22
to mrsh...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response.

I'm glad to know that everything is working fine now. Can you confirm where you've found this (GoogleMobileAds.Api.Mediation.AppLovin.AppLovin.Initialize();) type of initialization of the AppLovin? Upon checking in our documentation for AppLovin, there is only "AppLovin.Initialize()" for optimizations. Have you tried to only use AppLovin.Initialize()", since you already import the "GoogleMobileAds.Api.Mediation.AppLovin"? In addition to that, kindly try to add the AppLovin initialization in your launch activity.

I would also recommend to try our sample app project, for reference in your implementation. If you still encounter any errors, kindly provide us the whole project file so that we can better check your implementation. You can provide it via reply privately to author option or directly provide it to the link below.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002gjD2EQAU&entry.80707362=00159729

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gjD2E:ref

Alex

Dec 7, 2022, 9:32:07 AM12/7/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Pamela,

"GoogleMobileAds.Api.Mediation.AppLovin.AppLovin.Initialize()" comes from Google Mobile Ads SDK with AppLovin plugin. If you aren't using "GoogleMobileAds.Api.Mediation.AppLovin", you get initialization of AppLovin with the help of this string. Of course I should use only "AppLovin.Initialize()", but it doesn't help to resolve the issue.

"In addition to that, kindly try to add the AppLovin initialization in your launch activity." - what do you mean here? I should initialize it as soon as possible? Before initialization of Google Mobile Ads?

"Provides AppLovin the ability to track events as soon as the app starts." - what it gives to the developer? I read that it is optimisation, but optimisation of what?

My script with all the advertisment code attached to previous direct message. You can see there the crash logs and my code. If you saw it, you saw that AppLovin somehow initializing (or trying to initialize) 2 times because of this code: "GoogleMobileAds.Api.Mediation.AppLovin.AppLovin.Initialize()";

Regards,
Alex.

среда, 7 декабря 2022 г. в 07:23:51 UTC+2, mobileadssdk:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 7, 2022, 3:36:06 PM12/7/22
to mrsh...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Teejay here. Allow me to assist you in this.

AppLovin.Initialize() to your launch activity provides AppLovin the ability to track events as soon as the app starts. As per initializing the SDK mediation, you should initialize it after the Mobile Ads SDK initialization. If the issue still persists, we would be requesting a project (or at  least a test project) that reproduce the issue. This will greatly help us to investigate the issue further as it will enable us to have full visibility with your implementation. Kindly provide to us the requested file using the steps below.