AdCall from SDK with https

Klaas Müller

Dec 4, 2014, 11:41:05 AM12/4/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I know there are test running in DFP network where the adcalls send from the SDKs are https encrypted. This makes it very hard to analyse misplaced and wrongly integrated adSlot in all iOS and Android Apps. The debugging is already very hard and it gets much worse when I can not see the adcalls anymore in a proxy. Is the plan to swap to https for ALL adcalls in the future? Or will there be a opt-in opt-out for https in the SDK?

Best regards,
Klaas

Andrew Brogdon (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Dec 4, 2014, 7:24:16 PM12/4/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
While I certainly appreciate your concerns, we can't comment on any potential features that aren't in our public roadmap.

-Andrew

Klaas Müller

Dec 5, 2014, 6:10:44 AM12/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Is there a possibility to exclude our network from these tests?

Andrew Brogdon (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Dec 8, 2014, 7:42:23 PM12/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
At the current time, no, it's not possible to exclude individual publishers.  This is one of the reasons I would discourage anyone from attempting to read internal values from the AdCall url string.  In order to innovate and improve the Mobile Ads platform, Google needs to be able to run these experiments, and that often means changes to how the internals work.

-Andrew

Klaas

Dec 11, 2014, 6:07:32 AM12/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

this has nothing to do with reading the parameter from the url string. To enable apps for the publisher and test the integration from the developers we have to go via charles proxy and do rewriting to the adcall to add keywords for targeting to specific devices. Also to test custom templates, take screenshots and so on. Sometimes the adcalls are all encrypted for the whole day. That means no testing, debugging and so on for that app. I understand that you need to test specific things, but please don't do it in our live apps when it limits our daily business.

Best regards,
Klaas