Shall I display ADs by querying on iOS?

Heefan Li

May 21, 2014, 6:25:07 AM5/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I need to display some ADs with related keywords which I have set on iOS device.
I read the documentation about the tutorial of Admob, and find the Chapter Search Ads for Mobile Apps talk about this.
I followed the code by using GADSearchBannerView and load ADs successfully, however, I found the ADs are not related to the keyword what I have set.
For instance,
GADSearchRequest *adRequest = [[GADSearchRequest alloc] init];
[adRequest setQuery:@"flower"];
Banner display the ADs are not related to flower.

I also noticed the feature need apply for access, however, there is a option I don't understand

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 21, 2014, 7:27:24 PM5/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The Search Ads version of the library is still whitelist only. If you're using an AdMob ad unit ID for ad serving, the request is going to the AdMob backend and not the search ads backend, so the query is ignored.

Thanks,
Eric

Heefan

May 21, 2014, 10:20:15 PM5/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I understand the query is ignored as I didn't apply for access.

In "Apply for access" page,
How do I provide the "sample search results page" ?
Let's say I search for flower, do I need to provide a web page to list the shops which are related with flowers , and then publish it online and then fill in the URL here?
I am quite confused here.

Thanks

--

---

Heefan

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 23, 2014, 3:48:41 PM5/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like the signup form assumes you also have a website in addition to the app. But anyways, the Search Ads product's targeted audience is apps that naturally take in a search query already. Take Yelp for example - users already search for restaurants or types of food, so Yelp would just forward that query when making the ad request. So in Yelp's case if they were to sign up, they'd provide a sample url with a search already placed.

Search ads is not intended for just being able to pass your own search query.

Thanks,
Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.