Admob ads on for Amazon devices

shruti sarraf

Aug 6, 2014, 2:06:25 AM8/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using Admob in one of my apps and want to launch the same on Amazon app store. Devices having Amazon app store don't have Google Play and vice versa. So ads for both the devices needs to be different ( on click user should should be taken to Google Play or Amazon store depending on the device).

My question is:
While integrating AdMob for Amazon devices should the same Ad-Unit-Id be used or not?
Is this the scenario mentioned above is handled by the AdMob SDK?

Thanks,
Shruti

Kunal Verma

Aug 6, 2014, 5:49:00 AM8/6/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Hi Shruti

Yes, the ads provided by AdMob SDK will be tailored for Amazon devices i.e. Ads of Amazon store will be shown ( not Google Play).
I think it is recommended to use a separate Ad Unit Id for getting better look at reportings. By which I mean, another Ad Unit Id inside the same app added in AdMob UI.

Thanks
Kunal

--

---