IAB TCF v2.0 errors detected, Error 3.3

Nikunj Gabani

Apr 19, 2022, 1:47:56 AM4/19/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Admob team,

I am getting this message in my AdMob account.

IAB TCF v2.0 errors detected We've detected an issue on your IAB TC string on one or more of your sites or apps. These errors may affect your ability to serve ads to European users. A detailed report is available for you on the EU user consent page.

Mobile App    Error    Error count    Last detected date
appbundle    3.3                 20             4/13/2022

And as I found error 3.3 indicates that The TC string last updated date was more than 13 months ago. and the suggested action is CMP should delete the old TC string and reobtain consent.
And I am using funding choices as a CMP, so what is the status of the issue?
Do I need to do any changes to the app for it?

Please guide me on the solution, it will be very helpful to me

Thanks
Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 11.09.54 AM.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 19, 2022, 10:51:42 AM4/19/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nikunj,

If you're using UMP SDK to get the consent of your users, then this should be automatically handled by the SDK. Please do note that you should present the form if required as per this section of the guide. If the getConsentStatus() method returns NOT_REQUIRED value, then it's safe to assume that the TCF string is still valid.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2a4aGP:ref

Nikunj Gabani

Apr 20, 2022, 1:50:28 AM4/20/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm using UMP SDK to get the consent of users, but still, I got this message to my AdMob account, So Is there anything that I am missing in the implementation?
I am using the UMP SDK for more than 1 year, But I got this message on 15th April 2022 only.
If the getConsentStatus() method returns NOT_REQUIRED value, then I am not asking for the consent of users, as you said it's safe to assume that the TCF string is still valid.

Please guide me on how can I remove the message from my AdMob account.

Thanks

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 20, 2022, 11:06:15 AM4/20/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nikunj,

Thank you for your response.

Upon further checking, I saw this article and it has a troubleshooting for error 3.3 which means that the TC string last updated date was more than 13 months ago. The suggested action is CMP should delete the old TC string and reobtain consent.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2a4aGP:ref

Nikunj Gabani

Apr 21, 2022, 12:33:26 AM4/21/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

As I said earlier I am using funding choices as a CMP, so Do I need to do any changes to the app for it?
And funding choices has resolved it or not?

Thanks

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 21, 2022, 11:13:05 AM4/21/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nikunj,

I've shared this to the rest of the team to provide proper guidance on this error. Rest assured that one of our team will reach out to you.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 21, 2022, 4:36:40 PM4/21/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nikunj Gabani,

My name is Nick with the Admob team, and I will be looking at the UMP error for you. To further assist you I will need some details:

  • Publisher Id.
  • Details on the current platform and version being used.
  • A minimal example demonstrating your UMP implementation.

Once I have these, I will see what I can do.

Thanks,
Nick

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2a4aGP:ref

Nikunj Gabani

Apr 22, 2022, 1:55:02 AM4/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, I have sent you all the needed information by replying privately to the author
Please check it out and let me know Is there any issue from my side to resolve?

Thanks

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 25, 2022, 6:12:52 PM4/25/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nikunj,

I am looking at your account in the Policy Center, and do not see any error messages. Can you direct me to where you see these messages?

Nikunj Gabani

Apr 26, 2022, 12:23:21 AM4/26/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, You can see the error message in the Blocking controls tab, same as the attached SS
TCF_Error.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 26, 2022, 5:49:13 PM4/26/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nickunj,

I am not seeing this error in blocking controls on my side. Can you please resubmit your Publisher Id, I believe the one submitted last time was incorrect.

Nikunj Gabani

Jun 2, 2022, 5:33:21 AM6/2/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, Today I got this message again in my AdMob account, Can you please check it out?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 2, 2022, 11:19:08 AM6/2/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nikunj,

Please take a look at your AdMob policy center. When I reviewed your account I see this message:

"IAB TCF v2.0 errors detected We've detected an issue on your IAB TC string on one or more of your sites or apps. These errors may affect your ability to serve ads to European users. A detailed report is available for you on the EU user consent page."

Under the Google EU User Consent Policy , you must make certain disclosures to your users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK and obtain their consent for the use of cookies or other local storage, and for the use of personalized ads. This policy reflects the requirements of the EU ePrivacy Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

I hope this helps,

Thanks

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2a4aGP:ref

Nikunj Gabani

Jun 3, 2022, 12:20:27 AM6/3/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you for your reply

As per the Google EU User Consent Policy, I am obtaining consent from users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK before loading ads. but still, I got this IAB TCF Error message again.
Can you let me know what I have to do to resolve this issue with error 3.3?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 3, 2022, 12:52:14 AM6/3/22
to nikunjg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nikunj,

According to Troubleshooting TCF v2.0 implementation this is related to "The TC string last updated date was more than 13 months ago.".

That said, I would recommend following the guide (android , ios) to make sure you re-request consent from the users.

Hope this helps,

Badis

Oct 18, 2022, 9:55:59 AM10/18/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

I am facing some issues with EU user consent policy. IAB TCF v2.0 errors detected, Error 3.3. I am trying to find a way to fix this issue without succeeding.
what i know is that : 3.3 The TC string last update date was more than 13 months ago. CMP should delete the old TC string and re-obtain consent.
Unfortunately, in the google help section google is not saying much about the issue and how to fix it. (https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9999955#troubleshooting).
What does the CMP and TC mean ? How to fix these errors ?
Is it something I should do in website development or something that needs to be done in my Adsense account ? Please advise me on this.

We are facing very low RPM this month, does that have something to do with this matter ?

Note : I used Google consentement model (in adsense) for managing the GDPR as per screenshots.
screenshot-www.google.com-2022.10.13-23_09_23.png
screenshot-www.google.com-2022.10.13-23_11_36.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 18, 2022, 6:19:50 PM10/18/22
to badis.b...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Badis,

This sounds like a new case related to the original thread. If we could start a new thread, this will help us resolve your issue without confusion from the earlier comments.

Looking at your issue, this issue is a policy issue and account specific. If you can include your publisher Id and account Id in this new thread, that would be needed.

Lastly, CMP means Consent Management Platform  and TC stands for Transparency Consent (string).

Badis

Oct 20, 2022, 11:35:52 AM10/20/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Nick,
Thank you for getting back.
I have send you privately an Email with all the details. Did you receive my publisher Id and account Id ?
We are still straggling with this issue ...
I will be waiting for your reply. Pls let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,
Badis

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 24, 2022, 12:48:15 PM10/24/22
to badis.b...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Badis,

Thanks for the details. I will review the email and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 30, 2022, 12:42:12 PM11/30/22
to badis.b...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Badis,

I did not receive the email with your error details. Can you please try again? To help you with this I require your publisher Id, account Id, the error message, and steps you took to replicate this issue. If this is a error related to the Mobile App, a charles log and sample application would also be useful.