LinearAlloc exceed capacity since I update from Admob sdk to Google Play Services

Sergio Miranda Carvalho

Jul 16, 2014, 4:56:58 AM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Until last week I was using the Admob Sdk for my app.

Since I update to Google Play Services, I can't install the app on Gingerbread devices. I have the following error:

"LinearAlloc exceeded capacity (5242880), last=2096"

I searched for a while and I have seen that this is due to complex interface hierarchies so I started to simplify my project by removing some features and external jars but the problem is still here and I'll not be able to update my app on August :/

Is there a way (without using ProGuard) to remove the unused features of Google Play Services (like games for instance) from my project to finally be able to install my app in Gingerbread devices?

Thank you for your help :)

Sergio

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 16, 2014, 6:41:06 PM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergio,

I don't have any other ideas for you. =/ We usually advise using Proguard.

Amy Quispe

Sergio Miranda Carvalho

Jul 17, 2014, 4:44:17 AM7/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com