5 second rewarded video ads not granting rewards

Pavla Mužíková

May 23, 2022, 8:25:18 AM5/23/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Our team has been receiving complaints from players that 5 second video ads do not grant rewards even when watching them for 30 seconds.

We have approached our mediation partner but they recommended to contact AdMob.

One solution would be to block these ads in ad review centre but that would treat only the symptom and not the cause of this issue.

Do you know if there is any solution to this problem?

Here are two example ads that do not grant rewards:

image (3).pngimage (4).png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 24, 2022, 2:46:54 AM5/24/22
to pavla.m...@criticalforce.fi, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pavla,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For us to further check this, can you provide us with the following details below?

  • Sample app project
  • Steps to replicate
  • Device name and versions affected
  • SDK version used
  • Mediation network used

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002bCXwSQAW&entry.80707362=00108672
2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).
3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bCXwS:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 31, 2022, 11:20:31 AM5/31/22
to pavla.m...@criticalforce.fi, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pavla,

Thank you for providing the requested details. However, it would be best if you could provide a sample app project instead, so we could have full visibility in your implementation as well. Rest assured that the shared project file will not be shared externally and will be used for investigation purposes only. If you can't still provide a project file due to company policy, you may modify our sample app aligning to your implementation. Also, kindly provide us your app id and if you do have any screen recording that captures this behavior it would be a big help to us.

Pavla Mužíková

Jun 2, 2022, 2:04:14 AM6/2/22
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pamela,

Thank you for looking into this issue! Also, I am very sorry for the delay in reply.

Regarding the requested details:
  • The sample app project can be downloaded from this Google Play listing page because the issue is happening on our live app version.
  • Steps to replicate: Open the app and navigate to the store. Then press "watch an ad to earn credits". At one point you should receive one the 5s ads.
  • Device name and versions affected: iPhone X iOS 15.2
  • SDK version used: 7.2.1.2
  • Mediation network used: ironSource

Warm regards,
Pavla

Pavla Mužíková
User Acquisition Manager

Tel: +358 41 317 3902
Address: Kauppakatu 7, 87100 Kajaani

Pavla Mužíková

Jun 2, 2022, 2:04:20 AM6/2/22
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pamela,

I would like to correct one piece of information.
  • SDK version used: 9.1.0 (AdMob iOS)
  • Mediation network used: ironSource (SDK 7.2.1.2)

Apologies for the mistake.

Kind regards,