Interstitial ads with music

Toni Corcanoe

Jul 11, 2014, 3:28:19 AM7/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I display interstitial ads in my app. My users are getting very angry because sometimes those ads are displayed with a terrible loud sound or music. And they told me it happens even when the device is in Silent mode. The other day a user got that terrible multimedia Ad while playing with the phone in a Meeting having it in Silent mode.
Some of them have told me those ads came from Yahoo, but I am not sure.
Any help with this?
I DON'T want musical ads.

Thanks

Arnaud Andrillon

Jul 11, 2014, 8:31:11 AM7/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Do admob use video ads ? (I'm not sure)
Do you only use Admob to provide Ads in your application ?

Some ads networks allow you to block video ads...

About the silent mode, I think it's related with the ring when a call or a message comes, but there is another sound parameter for the applications

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 11, 2014, 1:27:32 PM7/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Is this happening iOS or Android? And when you say the ads came from Yahoo, is it an ad from AdMob promoting Yahoo or some ad from Yahoo's ad network? And finally, which version of the SDK are you using?

corc...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 1:44:55 PM7/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Eric
Thanks for writting.

It is Android and Admob promoting Yahoo.
As far as I know I am using the latest SDK.

Kind regards,
Toni
--

---

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 11, 2014, 3:16:10 PM7/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Toni,

I'll file a bug to have this investigated further.

Thanks,
Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

tom Collide

Jul 12, 2014, 6:10:00 PM7/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, July 11, 2014 12:28:19 AM UTC-7, Toni Corcanoe wrote:
                                    FYI
Short and sweet.

I thought I'd go ahead and test Google/admob Promote option. I set a budget for a whopping $10.00
and clicked GO.

 I went to bed at 11:00 pm, got up and checked my stats at 8:00 am.
google says I had 276,046 Impressions, 980 Clicks, and the cost to me for the exposure is

 $88.73...! . ! . ..

   First off, I SET THE BUDGET @ $10.00. and out of 980 clicks (witch are downloads,  of my game,

Swimmy Jellyfish 2 by TapDroid.com} google says out of 980 clicks there are 25 installs....
and of course, I see google did away any kind of one on one support so as to avoid us pitching a

bitch.

 Also, I placed a new site on the net witch contains google adds.  in 3 days time My site stats count

well over 3000 Unique visits while googlE claims there were only 202.

  Seems to me gOOgle is saying "take what we give you and like it, or take your business elsewhere.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 14, 2014, 7:55:36 PM7/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Please use this form to contact product support about this issue. We can only help with technical SDK questions on this forum.

Thanks,
Eric

Toni Corcanoe

Jul 21, 2014, 12:10:17 PM7/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric

Sorry for the delay. It has been a long busy week.
I already wrote using the contact support you told me.

Thanks

---
I will appreciate if you write a review of SoundProfile in Google PlayStore.

Thanks again

--

---

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 22, 2014, 7:47:34 PM7/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
AdMob does have a few video ad formats for interstitials. I don't believe there is a way to block this format.

My guess (I'm not sure) is the SDK uses the app/music volume level when videos are playing. But if the phone/ringer volume level is on silent, perhaps the ad should respect the silent setting. That's why there is an open bug against the SDK team to investigate this.

Thanks,
Eric

Arnaud Andrillon

Jul 23, 2014, 3:20:54 AM7/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It seems you can deactivate Video Ads in the Admob account management page.

- Monetize
- Select the app in the left panel
- Click on the announce block in the right
- Uncheck Video ads for the Ad type

Arnaud

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 4, 2014, 6:39:49 PM8/4/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Toni,

Which device(s) were you seeing this on?