BrightRoll interstitial never calls interstitialDidDismissScreen

Paul Brady

May 15, 2014, 1:45:58 PM5/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm working with AdMob Mediation (interstitial videos) and BrightRoll.

I DO correctly receive the following delegate notifications:

- (void)interstitialDidReceiveAd:(GADInterstitial *)ad;

- (void)interstitialWillPresentScreen:(GADInterstitial *)ad;

But the problem is I DON'T receive the following notifications (ONLY WITH BRIGHTROLL):

- (void)interstitialWillDismissScreen:(GADInterstitial *)ad;

- (void)interstitialDidDismissScreen:(GADInterstitial *)ad;

It's odd because Millennial Media, TremorVideo, iAd, and AdMob all fire the notifications as expected.  I've contacted BrightRoll, but it's been several days, and no solution.

It's getting down to the wire.  Has anybody had similar problems?  Is there an elegant solution?

Thanks~

Paul Brady

May 15, 2014, 1:49:12 PM5/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
More details:
iOS
AdMob v6.8.0
BrightRoll - Mar. 2014

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 16, 2014, 1:27:02 PM5/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This is almost certainly the Brightroll adapter's fault. AdMob Mediation expects an onDismissScreen callback from the Brightroll adapter in order to forward it on to you.

If you know how to integrate their SDK, you can write a custom event for Brightroll as a workaround,. A custom event is essentially an adapter written by the application developer, and inside the custom event you can determine the right time to send back the willDismiss callback.

Thanks,
Eric