GADApplicationIdentifier in Info.plist

Cem İlman

Aug 20, 2020, 5:18:42 AM8/20/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,
We are using Admob in IOS apps in our company. We do not want to expose GADApplicationIdentifier key in Info.plist file for security reasons, and anyone can grab the IPA of an IOS app and read the content of Info.plist file, and gets the key. So

1. Is there a way to provide GADApplicationIdentifier programmatically? If so , how?
2. If not, can you advice us how to encrypt/decrypt the value of key using the SDK?
3. If not , do you know a way to secure an Info.plist file of an IOS app?

Thank you for your incoming answers.

Cem.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 20, 2020, 6:47:34 AM8/20/20
to cem....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cem,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With regard to your concern, I'm afraid that you cannot set the GADApplicationIdentifier programatically. Encrypting/Decrypting any value on info.plist is more on iOS implementation rather than anything specific to the Mobile Ads SDK. With this, we would suggest checking out iOS-specific help forums (such as StackOverflow) for further guidance on this, as this is already out-of-scope with the AdMob SDK.

Regards,
Teejay Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23tI6Y:ref

Cem İlman

Aug 20, 2020, 7:49:53 AM8/20/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you for your answer Teejay.

I can easily encrypt GADApplicationIdentifier and put it in Info.plist file but what i wonder was is there any transformation mechanism on google sdk to decrypt it then use it. I think there is no such thing as i understand from your answer.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 20, 2020, 9:25:07 AM8/20/20
to cem....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cem,

I work with Teejay and will assist you. I will bring up your request for a decryption method in the SDK for the app Id in the plist and your concern for harvesting of unencrypted app Id's in the plist with the rest of my team. If the request is granted you will see it reflected in the release notes or our blog .

Regards,
Aryeh Baker