Admob Publisher ID versus Ad Unit ID

Kim

May 20, 2014, 12:13:41 PM5/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I am new to apps and Admob. I use a program that lets you build apps and the apps are then uploaded for you.
On the applications settings page, they are asking for the Publisher ID. Would this be the actual Admob Publisher ID which starts with pub- or the actual ad unit ad ID? Would you be able to get paid if you just put your Publisher ID in? Wouldn't you have to create an app, monetize it, then create an ad to go with that app? I want to put the ad unit ID but wanted to check in case I was missing something.
Thank you!

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

May 20, 2014, 5:23:08 PM5/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kim,

It sounds like they're looking for the Ad Unit ID. We called this the Publisher ID in our legacy interface.

Amy Quispe