using admob SDK in a project using ECLIPSE

Pepe le Vamp

Sep 20, 2014, 8:19:20 AM9/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I have recently found out that the Adsense/Admob SDK has has now been superseded with the whole 'google play services' SDK.

Thats okay, however when I went to find a how-to for merely displaying adverts in my app, I could not find one. I could only find a how-to guide for Android Studio.

I have however found this: https://developer.android.com/google/play-services/setup.html

This details throwing all sorts of stuff into the proguard.txt that we didn't used to have to do. Is this seriously what we have to go through?

I would like some nice, simple, to the point documentation which shows how to have advertisements with admob displaying in my Android app. I am not a new developer to android and I have several admob enabled apps already published prior to these changes.

This is confusing me and I'm stuck.  Its bad enough having to put a view inside a fragment inside a layout inside an activity inside an app, but I can't even get started.

Kunal Verma

Sep 20, 2014, 8:49:29 AM9/20/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Yeah previously there were no fragments. Even my old apps still have no fragments but can utilize Google play services. After following the instructions you just saw in the link you mentioned( firstly without proguard), see the guide here. Its simple.

If you are working on a new app, try with a sample app to see if it is working by the fragment way.. Try the proguard stuff if you are using proguard in your new app. Here you can download sample app. The sample app has its explanation guide here.

--

---