Interstitials on Windows Phone are off-screen

Roger Peters

Jan 14, 2014, 4:18:58 PM1/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I just grabbed the Admob SDK for Windows Phone and implemented displaying an InterstitialAd via calling LoadAd() and then later ShowAd(). It is working great, except that the ad I'm seeing is rendering off of the screen. I don't see any options that I have to try and adjust anything in how it renders.. You can see the issue in the attached photo of the phone - you see the ad is in the lower right and cut off, but the X to close is rendering correctly in the upper left.

Thanks in advance for any help!
-roger
photo.JPG

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jan 16, 2014, 4:56:38 PM1/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the report. I'll have the WP8 SDK eng team investigate to see if it's an SDK issue or a creative problem serving to the WP8 browser.

Thanks,
Eric

John Sinclair

Mar 7, 2014, 11:05:27 AM3/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing this behaviour as well and have been for a while. Any update on cause/fix?

Mr.Betatester

Mar 13, 2014, 3:01:10 AM3/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
we have the same issue and 2 others:

1) there is no option set the orientation? (interstitials always shown in portrait mode)
2) if a user pressed the back key after skipping the interstitial, then the interstitial will be shown again. We handle back key pressing in our activity but the navigation service will not call our event handler.

regards
ronald

Ingersol

Mar 22, 2014, 4:46:43 PM3/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
We too have same effect.
Please mark this bug as critical, becuase it completelly prevents Interstitial ad using.