CocoaPods "user_target_xcconfig" merge conflict

Beavis

Apr 12, 2021, 10:55:07 PM4/12/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Advisor,

When I pod update these two mediation "GoogleMobileAdsMediationIronSource", "GoogleMobileAdsMediationFacebook" SDK, I got the Warning:

[!] Can't merge user_target_xcconfig for pod targets: ["FBAudienceNetwork", "IronSourceSDK"]. Singular build setting EXCLUDED_ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*] has different values.

How to solve it?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 13, 2021, 1:38:56 AM4/13/21
to bevis...@soft-world.com.tw, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Beavis,

Thank you for bringing this to us.

Were you able to use the iOS SDK version 8.2.0 and still encountered the error? As per the release notes, "Can't merge user_target_xcconfig" that occurred when using multiple pods with different user_target_xcconfigsettings is already fixed in version 8.2.0.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela Pineda
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2FY1bU:ref

Beavis

Apr 13, 2021, 2:49:32 AM4/13/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Advisor,

I use the iOS Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK version 8.3.0, but I think these mediation SDK "GoogleMobileAdsMediationIronSource", "GoogleMobileAdsMediationFacebook" cause the problem, not Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK itself.
mobileadssdkforumadvisor 在 2021年4月13日 星期二下午1:38:56 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 13, 2021, 5:51:56 AM4/13/21
to bevis...@soft-world.com.tw, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your response.

I've tried your use case by adding the two mediation, then updating the pod. As per testing, I can confirm the behavior that you reported on my end. That said, I will bring this to the rest of the team for further investigation.

BlueScreen

Jul 29, 2021, 5:30:28 PM7/29/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
What is the fix for this?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 30, 2021, 1:50:14 AM7/30/21
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi BlueScreen,

I work along with Princess. I'm afraid that the team is still checking on this. We'll update this thread the soonest we have our findings.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2FY1bU:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Sep 3, 2021, 6:04:40 AM9/3/21
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello BlueScreen,

I hope you're doing well.

I just want to circle back on this. The team mentioned that is Facebook's SDK and IronSource's SDK conflicting, is outside of our control. The team suggested that you must reach out to those networks and ask them to fix the issue. In the GMA SDK, in release notes for 8.2.0.1, they fixed a problem where Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK was one of the conflicting libraries.