ANRS

GTS TL

Aug 15, 2022, 8:15:59 AM8/15/22
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
In almost all of our games, we are having this ANR very frequently for a few days, Using Admob 7.1.0 in unity, Can you please help me out by fixing this?
image.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 15, 2022, 2:59:34 PM8/15/22
to gametap...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gametap,

Thank you for raising this to us.

For us to investigate this further, could you please provide the following via "Reply Privately to Author" option?
  • App ID
  • Ad Unit ID
  • Full stack trace of the crash logs
  • Affected devices
  • percentage occurrence of the crash
Also, is the crash locally reproducible? If so, could you please provide a test project as well?

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dKimY:ref

Roman

Aug 16, 2022, 9:29:21 AM8/16/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello

This issue is massive, many developers experience it. Check also here

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 16, 2022, 2:25:15 PM8/16/22
to roman.a...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roman,

I've scrutinized the stack trace on the issue tracker that you provided and it appears the crash does not came from the Mobile Ads SDK. To give you a context, the trace should contains com.google.android.gms.ads symbols to confirm that it came from our SDK. With this, could you please confirm if you are using other dependencies aside from our SDK? If so, we would recommend to raise to them the issue as well, so they can check.

Roman

Aug 17, 2022, 5:00:14 AM8/17/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Teejay

For already more than a year, we've been trying to escalate the idea that Admob directly/indirectly causes ANRs in apps. And you should collaborate with the Google Play team in order to omit Admob's ANRs from counting towards an app's ANR rate. You don't listen.
The bulletproof evidence that most ANRs are coming from Admob appeared after Google banned russia from displaying ads: the ANR rate in russia fell 2-3x literally the next day.
So what's the point of sending you stack traces if you don't listen?

Dino Go

Aug 17, 2022, 1:24:26 PM8/17/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
It is not bug. It is feature. I have good solution for u. Change to use applovin sdk. U will reduce 20% revenue but anr rate will be reduce to 0.2%. Why do u try to use bad provider? They dont want to fix this problem. 2 years already and i think 5 10 next years. This problem still exist

Dino Go

Aug 17, 2022, 1:28:44 PM8/17/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
It is proofScreenshot_20220818-002621_Chrome.jpg

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 17, 2022, 1:37:23 PM8/17/22
to roman.a...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roman,

Thank you for getting back to us. I understand the your concern here and its inconvenience that it might cause to your end. With that all said, let me raise this internally to wider team for further investigation and to get their insight as well. We'll update this thread the soonest the team share their feedback.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 22, 2022, 12:16:29 PM8/22/22
to genix.d...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Roman,

Please review and implement Optimize initialization and ad loading (Beta). This is a patch which aims to reduce ANRs on the android platform.

Hope this helps,

Nick

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dKimY:ref