iAd Network Adapter (libAdapterIAd) dismiss event not firing in iOS8

Andrew Kurniawan

Sep 17, 2014, 1:50:05 AM9/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Using the latest libAdapterIAd.a mediation network adapter (found here under iAd: https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/ios/mediation-networks),
the "interstitialWillDismissScreen" and "interstitialDidDismissScreen" events are no longer triggered in iOS 8 (work fine in iOS 7).

They still fire when AdMob network ads are shown and closed, just not when iAd ads are shown and closed.

Since these events are integral to my app functioning correctly, and iOS 8 comes out in a few days, I'd really like some support in this.
Is there a way to modify the libAdapterIAd.a file myself? I'm not familiar with what type of format this is, looks like some binary file.

(I also might add that this is while using the iOS simulator with Xcode 6 GM. I've attached an example project which demonstrates the issue.)
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
AdMobTest.zip

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 18, 2014, 9:47:33 PM9/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting. I see the same issue with the attached sample. It sounds like a problem in the adapter, but I've filed a bug for it since AdMob currently maintains the iAd adapter.

A .a is a binary file. You don't have the ability to edit the .a file, but if you're feeling adventurous you could write a custom event for the iAd adapter, and basically implement the calls to iAd yourself.

Thanks,
Eric

Andrew Kurniawan

Sep 18, 2014, 11:05:18 PM9/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply Eric, do you know how long AdMob usually take to resolve these issues?

And thanks for the tip, I might just have to implement he iAds manually through custom events, although "adventurous" is definitely the right word to describe it!

Thanks,
Andrew

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 19, 2014, 4:46:20 PM9/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It's being looked into now, but I can't provide an exact timeline.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 23, 2014, 1:19:05 PM9/23/14