iOS - How to avoid data detectors on DFP Interstitials/Banner Clicks?.

Prasannaa Santhanam

Jul 3, 2014, 7:17:47 AM7/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I have a banner ad (DFP) 320x50. Clicking on it launches a full screen ad container with a webview. On this webview, the contents includes Time (2:30 PM) , Address etc.. These are displayed as links.  Clicking on those links, the default options like Add Event, Open in Map etc are presented to the user.

How to avoid this data detection?. I am using GoogleMobileAdsSdkiOS-6.9.2.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
Prasannaa

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 10, 2014, 2:30:09 PM7/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like an issue with that particular creative, or the website that creative is pointing to. Do you have a screenshot of what this looks like?

Thanks,
Eric

Prasanna

Jul 24, 2014, 8:39:51 AM7/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Let me detail this

Platform iOS, Using DFP Ad sdk.

I have a banner ad on top. I click on the banner ad, then sdk open an in app browser  with the web url. In this web url , the content consists of time and address. These contents are displayed as links on a uiwebview.

How can i disable these data detection?

thanks,
Prasannaa

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 25, 2014, 6:29:04 PM7/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, could you provide a sample ad unit I could use to try out the behavior?

Prasanna

Jul 30, 2014, 7:21:02 AM7/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I cannot provide the sample Ad Unit. But its simple to create one. This Mobile Ad Unit should have a Time/Date info. HH:MM or 12/Dec/2014 etc.

Basically, The iOS SDK, shows this ad unit on a UIWebview (on tapping of a banner Ad 360x50) . For this UIWebview, all the data detectors are enabled by DEFAULT (UIDataDetectorTypeAll), which is causing this behavior. I would like to know if there is an option to turn this off.  Below are the available data detectors for iOS UIWebview.

   UIDataDetectorTypePhoneNumber   = 1 << 0,
   UIDataDetectorTypeLink          = 1 << 1,
   UIDataDetectorTypeAddress       = 1 << 2,
   UIDataDetectorTypeCalendarEvent = 1 << 3,
   UIDataDetectorTypeNone          = 0,
   UIDataDetectorTypeAll           = NSUIntegerMax
thanks
Prasannaa

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 30, 2014, 10:19:31 PM7/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I now understand what you're talking about.

Unfortunately the SDK doesn't provide API access to the underlying UIWebView for you to turn this off. I'll ask the SDK engineers if there is any workaround for this.

Thanks,
Eric