Can we show native ads with Adaptive Banner ads

Shubhendu shukla

Jan 24, 2021, 10:19:28 PM1/24/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Team,

I need to integrate Adaptive banner ads in my application, I need to know can we show Native Ads and banner ads together? The way we do using GADLoader where we can request banner and native ads together?

let adLoader = GADAdLoader(

            adUnitID: strAdUnitId,

            rootViewController: nil,

            adTypes: [.dfpBanner, .unifiedNative],

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 25, 2021, 1:57:54 AM1/25/21
to shubhe...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shubhendu,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can show native and banner ads together in your app, yes, although banner ads do not use a GADAdLoader in order to be used (kindly see this page for further details). You will have to request the banner and native ads separately, and only use a GADAdLoader for the latter.

Google Logo
Ziv Yves Sanchez
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2B31g9:ref

Shubhendu shukla

Jan 27, 2021, 10:07:41 AM1/27/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
HI Ziv Yves Sanchez,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to what are formats supported( Native / Banner/ Both) with Adaptive banner ads?
If both native and banner ads can be shown using a single request for a given ad unit then how to do that?

In my initial question, I share a code snippet and a link where using GADLoader we can request both native and DFPBanner ads.

let adLoader = GADAdLoader(

            adUnitID: strAdUnitId,

            rootViewController: nil,

            adTypes: [.dfpBanner, .unifiedNative],

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 27, 2021, 12:04:51 PM1/27/21
to shubhe...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shubhendu,

Thank you for responding back. I work along with Ziv and will be helping you today. Having looked over the thread. I would suggest what my coworker said earlier. And that is that yes, you may have both in the same scene. But will need to use 2 ways to load ads. As the Banner uses the AdLoader() and the native uses the GADAdLoader(). So this will not work with thae way that you showed us. Here is for the adaptive banners as previously shown.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine