[ Ad Manager ] Adaptive Inline Ads return with wrong height information

Marius Raaf

Feb 8, 2022, 8:16:08 AM2/8/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

we integrated Adative Inline Ads into our App with 30 Mio. active users.
After the integration we saw some served ads which rendered only in a "Banner" format instead of the "big" adaptive ad format, which results in trunkated ads.

This wrong served ads are observable on Android and iOS.

In the attached screenshot you can see the correct ad (top) one medium rect ad and two wrong served ads. The white space around the ads is due to minHeight constraints but the AdView itself is set to wrap its content.

Screenshot_20220208-140044_Weather&Radar.jpg

Here two additional examples:

iOS which animates to wrap the provided ad height:
image002.png

Android where only the bottom of the ad is visible:

image001.jpg

Regards,
Marius

Marius Raaf

Feb 8, 2022, 8:31:59 AM2/8/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
The large screenshot as file:
Screenshot_20220208-140044_Weather&Radar.jpg
Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 11, 2022, 1:07:41 PM2/11/22
to mariu...@wetteronline.de, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marius,

I work with Pamela and will assist you. I tested your Id's in a test Android device and didn't find a cut off ad. Could you send us a Charles log of an ad that is cut off?  To narrow down the issue, could you reproduce this in a slightly modified sample app (Android , iOS )?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2W5K5y:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 11, 2022, 1:14:06 PM2/11/22
to mariu...@wetteronline.de, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marius,

I had to delete your last post because it contained sensitive information. Could you privately send us a Charles log of an ad that is cut off?  To narrow down the issue, could you reproduce this in a slightly modified sample app (Android , iOS )? If so, could you tell us what are the modifications so we can see this on our end?

Marius Raaf

Feb 16, 2022, 9:03:13 AM2/16/22
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Aryeh,

we figured out, that the problem with the ad size happens somewhere in the Ad Manager with ads which are delivered by our Pre-Bidding Networks Amazon DTB and Criteo.

This is the reason why the issue is not reproducible with Google Ads only.

We request only MediumRect Ads from these Networks and somehow their ads are returned in 320x480 or 320x50 placements, but always filled with a MediumRect which then causes a lot of whitespace or truncated ads. This issue started with using the Adaptive Inline AdSize on our AdRequests. So I guess it’s more of an Ad Manager issue rather than an SDK problem.

Best,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marius Raaf
Leiter Mobile Apps

signature_911001997

www.wetteronline.de | wetteronline.de/apps | wo.wetteronline.de

WetterOnline

Meteorologische Dienstleistungen GmbH

Karl-Legien-Straße 194a | D-53117 Bonn
E-Mail: mariu...@wetteronline.de | Tel.:  +49 (0) 228 55937-906

Amtsgericht Bonn | HRB Nummer 008664 | UST-ID Nummer: DE205571094
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Joachim Klaßen

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 17, 2022, 3:51:32 AM2/17/22
to mariu...@wetteronline.de, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marius,

Thank you for your response.

Can you confirm if your concern is now working properly? Since you mentioned that this is related to the ad size we recommend reaching out to the Ad Manager Support team, using these support options.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2W5K5y:ref

Marius Raaf

Feb 17, 2022, 5:07:15 AM2/17/22
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pamela,

yes, thank you. We will investigate the issue further with the ad manager support team.

Thanks,

Marius Raaf
Leiter Mobile Apps

Von: Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor <mobile...@forumsupport.google>