DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) and Windows Phone Support

Herberth Madrigal

Dec 2, 2013, 11:47:46 AM12/2/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Does somebody know if there a roadmap (or date) for providing an SDK  to use  DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)  on Windows Phone?
Also, based on my understanding my only alternatives are

Does somebody know if there is any other option?

Cheers,
Herber

Eric Leichtenschlag

Dec 3, 2013, 8:20:07 PM12/3/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
There are currently no plans for DFP support in the Windows Phone 8 SDK. You'll have to make the ad requests yourselves using those other resources.

Thanks,
Eric

Herberth Madrigal

Dec 5, 2013, 6:16:49 PM12/5/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much.

I am new at DFP, so my question my be silly. Can I use the non-js env API also for retrieving Video Ad Units?
The video player that I am planning to use on WP8 is PlayerframeWork. It supports Video Ads ( https://playerframework.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Advertising&referringTitle=Windows%208%20Player%20Documentation )  which seem to me to be the same types that DFP also supports. Moreover, both of them are using the same protocol for configuration an XML standard called: VAST.

I am still learning how to set up a Video Ad on DFP, but on my mind, it should be possible to set up the Video Ad Unit on DFP, and the the WP app can get the VAST xml from DFP.

Do you happen to know if this is possible? (Certainly there is a chance, that my question does not make sense, but that is why I am here ;-) )

Cheers,
Herber

Eric Leichtenschlag

Dec 6, 2013, 8:36:03 PM12/6/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Herberth,

For these Video Ads, Google has a separate product called Interactive Media Ads (IMA) SDK. It looks like they also don't have a Windows 8 client, but there is probably more relevant information there, and a separate forum for questions related to IMA. The support team on that forum is better equipped to answer your question than I am.

Hope this helps,
Eric