AdMob + GAM (DoubleClick for Publishers)

chri...@norapps.no

Apr 23, 2024, 7:30:24 AMApr 23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

We are using AdMob together with the "backdoor" to GAM, DoubleClick for Publishers, in our waterfall.

If we use the custom targeting (https://developers.google.com/ad-manager/mobile-ads-sdk/android/targeting) where we add key/values will those be passed through AdMob and into GAM if we use AdMob ad unit ID with AdManagerAdRequest? So can can target ads in GAM based on the key/value pairs that we pass to AdMob? I know AdMob doesn't really support key/values but since we can pass the request to GAM through AdMob and the SDK is the same, I wondered if this was possible or the key/values are stripped when sending the request to AdMob?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 23, 2024, 2:16:08 PMApr 23
to chri...@norapps.no, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK support team.

The key/value approach is not formally endorsed by AdMob. There is no assurance that the custom key-values will be successfully transmitted from AdMob to GAM.

It is possible to utilize Google Ad Manager (GAM) features such as line items, audience lists, and contextual targeting. Additionally, one can contemplate employing GAM Custom Events within an application. This integration permits a direct connection of GAM with an application, effectively bypassing AdMob mediation entirely. In this manner, one can more effectively leverage GAM’s custom targeting features.

Please refer to this Targeting types document for more information.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tPHh9:ref" (ADR-00232273)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team