Admob not showing Ads

BeniDzii0702

Feb 9, 2014, 8:45:26 AM2/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm searching for a solution to get testads on my Android device for aabout 2 weeks. I tried almost all solutions i found, no one is working...

The problem ist, i can't get admob testads on my device. I found out that this is because my system language is not english.... If i set it to english it works without any problems.

Code:

        adView
= new AdView(this);
        adView
.setAdUnitId("ca-app-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");
        adView
.setAdSize(AdSize.BANNER);

LinearLayout layout = (LinearLayout)findViewById(R.id.ad_catalog_layout);

// Add the adView to it.
            layout
.addView(adView);

// Initiate a generic request.

AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().addTestDevice(AdRequest.DEVICE_ID_EMULATOR).addTestDevice("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx").build();

// Load the adView with the ad request.
            adView
.loadAd(adRequest);

        adView
.loadAd(adRequest);

The Log is saying that the GPS resources couldn't be found.
And this two lines are also in the Log:

02-09 14:40:44.087: I/Ads(10627): No fill from ad server.
02-09 14:40:44.097: W/Ads(10627): Failed to load ad: 3

Any solution?

Thanks!
Ben

Eric Leichtenschlag

Feb 11, 2014, 3:15:51 PM2/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The code looks good here. And the error log about GPS resources not being found can be ignored. We need to do a revamp of our test ads. A workaround in the meantime would be to create house ad campaign that always serves first to test the ad clickthrough experience.

Thanks,
Eric

BeniDzii0702 .

Feb 11, 2014, 4:32:09 PM2/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for answering Eric! =)
I will try it out with the house ad campaign and post my experience...

Greetings,
Beni

--

---

BeniDzii0702

Feb 12, 2014, 2:48:49 AM2/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I tried it out with house ad campaigns, but that also didn't work for me. I created a house ad campaign which shows my app from play store, but there is no ad in the app. In Admob i see  requests but no impressions.

Greetings,
Beni

Eric Leichtenschlag

Feb 12, 2014, 9:27:55 PM2/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Beni,

Can you try setting your house ad to all languages, and set the eCPM for the house ad in your mediation settings to be higher than the other networks? If that doesn't work, I'll try your ad unit to see if I'm running into the same issue, and if so I'll file a bug to investigate why it isn't returning.

Thanks,
Eric

BeniDzii0702

Feb 13, 2014, 6:33:42 AM2/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried it out but can't get it work... i wrote you a message with my ad unit id =)

Thanks,

Beni

BeniDzii0702

Feb 13, 2014, 10:59:26 AM2/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I got it :D

The problem was the type of the banner. I chose "Interstitial" instead of "Banner"
Thank you for your help! :)

Best Regards,

Beni

Eric Leichtenschlag