interstitial ads not showing

Jonathan

Jun 27, 2014, 9:51:19 AM6/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric, I am using the unity plugin for admob mediation and your demo script. I have added a Start method with calls to request banner, show banner and request interstitial, relying on the show interstitial method that already exists in the demo script later on to show interstitial if interstitial is loaded. The banners are working perfectly but no interstitials are showing on my test device although they are preloading successfully.
Any advice as how to get the interstitials to display would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 8, 2014, 5:33:18 PM7/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathon,

One common pitfall I've seen is trying to use the same ad unit ID for banner and interstitial ads. In the new AdMob front end, you have to designate an ad unit for either banners or interstitials. And an ad unit designated for banners won't get any fill for interstitial requests.

Thanks,
Eric