Using Banner & Interstitial ads both at a time

mk...@sunstarny.com

Aug 11, 2014, 11:45:38 AM8/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Can we use both Banner & Interstitial ads both at a time (with google unity plugin http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2014/05/google-mobile-ads-unity-plugin-21-adds.html ) ???

If we can do, then guide me please...

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 11, 2014, 5:05:38 PM8/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can use them both at the same time. If you check out the Demo script in the sample app provided with the plugin, you'll see both banners and interstitials being referenced. You just need to create both objects and load each one with a request.

Thanks,
Eric

mk...@sunstarny.com

Aug 12, 2014, 3:20:38 AM8/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks. I got it how to do both at a time with the script.

But how i enable banner and interstitial on single AD KEY (from web interface of Admob registered account) ???
Message has been deleted

mk...@sunstarny.com

Aug 12, 2014, 4:43:36 AM8/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
As, it says in log

- HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad event received with message: No fill

In this regard my questions are:
* If we use both banner and interstitial ad in single app/game with single KEY, does the load-time effect???
* How we can enable both banner and interstitial ads from web interface of Admob for an app/game? (most important)

* If we created one banner/interstitial, then any ad from both categories can be accessed through its KEY. Or first we have to enable it from web interface before using it???

Thanks for your kind help

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 12, 2014, 1:49:17 PM8/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
In the new AdMob interface on apps.admob.com, when you create an ad unit, you must specify if that ad unit is for "Banner" or "Interstitial" ads. Only the format you specify can be served from that key. So since you're using both banners and interstitials, you'll need to create a second ad unit, specify "Interstitial" as the type for that ad unit, and use that ad unit ID in your app.

Thanks,
Eric

mk...@sunstarny.com

Aug 13, 2014, 3:43:37 AM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your kind reply.

I solved my issue.
Actually, i was confused that a single AD UNIT ID can generate both banners and interstitial.
But now, i realised/understand that one AD UNIT ID can serve only one ad type. Thanks for your help...!!

Also tell me about this... On interstitial request it says
- HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad event received with message: No fill

If i use, just the interstitial in the app/game, "HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad" occurrence decreased. Otherwise, its occurrence is frequent and disturbing.

Thanks in advance

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 13, 2014, 1:04:35 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Do you by any chance have any of your banner's callbacks wired up to call HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad?

You'll also want to make sure you're loading ads in an event that only gets called once, such as OnStart(). Loading ads in an event like OnGUI() is bad practice since it gets called several times per frame.

Thanks,
Eric

kamal Ramavat

Aug 15, 2014, 6:43:09 AM8/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
08-15 16:10:37.455: E/AndroidRuntime(10863): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.google.android.gms.ads.doubleclick.PublisherInterstitialAd
i got this error plz anyone help me to resolve this ......i am stuck here

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 15, 2014, 5:09:55 PM8/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
That class is coming from Google Play services. Do you have the google-play-services_lib/ folder inside of your Assets/Plugins/Android directory?

Thanks,
Eric

mk...@sunstarny.com

Aug 21, 2014, 4:51:27 AM8/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I think i haven't done anything else, just used your DemoScript.

And still it is called frequently on interstitial loading
public void HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad(object sender, AdFailedToLoadEventArgs args) {}

But, if you say then tell me how its callback could be wired up to call HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad? So, i can check, if it is the mistake by chance, and i correct it.

Thanks for your quick help

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 21, 2014, 3:00:04 PM8/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
From the demo script, only interstitial.AdFailedToLoad is set to add the HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad callback. If you accidentally registered HandleInterstitialFailedToLoad somewhere else, like on bannerView.AdLoaded or something, then it would also get notified on the AdLoaded callback.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 21, 2014, 3:00:48 PM8/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps if you attach what your version of the demo script looks like, I can double check that the code looks fine.

Thanks,
Eric

mk...@sunstarny.com

Aug 22, 2014, 3:36:04 AM8/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I shared a file link with you (details are given in mail to get linked with this conversation) regarding to my version of DemoScript. Check and guide, i have changed nothing else, except this script according to my requirements.

Thanks for your help

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 22, 2014, 1:22:16 PM8/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I don't see any attachment here in groups or in mail.

mk...@sunstarny.com

Aug 23, 2014, 2:46:42 AM8/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I sent. But if anything missing, the use this link or the attachment.
GoogleMobileAdsImplement.cs

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 25, 2014, 2:00:46 PM8/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. It turns out this showed up in my other email account.

Anyways, in your code, you should set your interstitialFlag back to false when requesting an interstitial again. With your current implementation, after the first request fails, interstitialFlag is set to true, and you'll keep on requesting ads every time you call ShowInterstitial() again.

Thanks,
Eric