Using Admob interstitials with Android LIBGDX, there is waiting time when I dismiss it..

zachary lithgow

Nov 15, 2013, 4:56:55 AM11/15/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've been using Admob interstitials for my game (Android Game with Libgdx) and when the ad is shown and I dismiss it, it takes quite some time to give back the control to my app (around 4-5 second which is not acceptable). I was wondering why is that ? Because when I play "Doodle jump" on my phone and the same interstitial ad appear and I dismiss it, i go right back to the game...

Any ideas ?

Thank you very much

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 18, 2013, 3:28:07 AM11/18/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea why there would be such a delay. Does your app (or libgdx framework) do a lot of processing in onResume?

If you haven't done so already, you may considering attaching an AdListener to your interstitial, and checking how long it takes for onDismissScreen() to called after closing it. At that point, AdMob won't be the cause of any additional delay.

Thanks,
Eric

zachary lithgow

Nov 20, 2013, 4:56:30 AM11/20/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your answer but I've found why. My app was taking time to resume in any cas, just by leaving the app and going back in and it was due to lot of texture created by Bitmapfonts. But I've managed to fix it :).

Thanks,
Zach

--

---