Is 8% CTR to high?

Dariusz Pietrala

Jan 5, 2014, 4:53:16 AM1/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have one app that has this high CTR. Basically it's only about 250 impressions a week, but I would like to leave it as it is.
Is the 8% to much? Is there any danger I'll get banned?

I'm new to admob so I can't contact support :(

Dariusz Pietrala

Jan 5, 2014, 7:25:13 AM1/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
To be more specific: I have an app that has 500k/day and is growing quite fast. That's why I worry.

William Ferguson

Jan 6, 2014, 5:45:08 PM1/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
An 8% CTR seems very high to me, but I suppose it's possible that the ads are just that well targeted to your users. I typically get a CTR of about 0.5% for banners and 1.5% for interstitials, though it varies.

Is 500K/day the number of requests you are generating? This doesn't seem to mesh with the 250 impressions per week.
One of these numbers just doesn't belong here.

William

Dariusz Pietrala

Jan 6, 2014, 11:22:37 PM1/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.

The 250 impressions is not my app. It's my friend's app. Basically I have ads in my games for half a month and one app is generating all the requests. That's why I worry not to destroy this. I've already deleted the ad and my friend will have his own admob account for his app. But I'm still wondering can Google ban the whole account for just 1 app weird CTR?