new Admob with Legacy Mediation ID

Lee Keng Lou

Aug 6, 2014, 5:35:08 AM8/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am currently using old Legacy Mediation ID in my games. I want to ask if i upgrade to new Admob Interface, would my games stop serving ads?

2nd Question: after 31st Aug, If i still using Old Legacy Mediation ID in my games, Will my games stop serving ads?

Both are different questions. Thank you.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 6, 2014, 6:27:51 PM8/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If you upgrade to the new AdMob interface, your games will still serve ads.

If you continue to use the legacy mediation ID, your games will still serve if ads after August 31 if and only if you have upgraded to the new AdMob interface and your legacy mediation ID is associated with a new AdMob ad unit. When you upgrade, this mapping is created for you.

Thanks,
Eric

Tiger Stripes

Aug 8, 2014, 3:58:38 AM8/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for asking this question! We are in the same boat. So as long as we update our legacy versions of our apps to the current version containing the new AdMob ad unit, even users that are running older versions of the app will still receive ads after August 31st because it will be associated the new AdMob ad unit? The upgrade period takes quite a long time for all our users to actually update the app to a newer version so this has been a worrisome thing.

Thank you

Eric Leichtenschlag

Aug 8, 2014, 12:39:32 PM8/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com