How to use AdMob API for Nokia Asha 501

xoriant dev

Feb 6, 2014, 7:39:22 AM2/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Basically I want to show Ads in my app which is developed using Nokia Asha SDK1.0 for nokia 501 device using REST Api's using Google AdMob. I have read the API doc and i have created an AdMob account through which i have an API key.
Now when i am calling the login API using POST method

I am receiving the below response:
{"errors":[{"code":"email_required","msg":"email is a required parameter."},{"code":"password_required","msg":"password is a required parameter."},{"code":"client_key_required","msg":"client_key is a required parameter."}],"warnings":[],"data":null,"page":{"current":1,"total":1}}

Note: I haven't used the API client code doc which has PHP code when downloaded. Do this has to be used for calling the AdMob API?
Any help will useful.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Feb 10, 2014, 9:16:48 PM2/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xoriant,

This API is a very old legacy API that's no longer supported. You'll need to go through the native Google Mobile Ads Android/iOS SDKs in order to get AdMob ads. I have no idea how the platform works or if it's easy to integrate some kind of plugin to do this.

Thanks,
Eric

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:39:22 AM UTC-8, xoriant dev wrote:
Hi,

Basically I want to show Ads in my app which is developed using Nokia Asha SDK1.0 for nokia 501 device using REST Api's using Google AdMob. I have read the API doc and i have created an AdMob account through which i have an API key.
Now when i am calling the login API using POST method

xoriant dev

Feb 11, 2014, 5:57:06 AM2/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your kind reply. Just have a few queries:

a) If the API given is no longer supported then is there any other latest API doc for using REST API's available apart from Android/iOS.
b) Also is there any plugin available for JAVA-ME(Micro edition) which will be useful for our development purpose.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Feb 11, 2014, 12:29:22 PM2/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately AdMob no longer supports a REST API for fetching ads. There also isn't a JAVA-ME plugin.

xoriant dev

Feb 12, 2014, 3:50:20 AM2/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Then have to find another way of doing it. Any ways thanks for the info :)