error: ITMS-90809:Deprecated API Usage by Apple. Use of Deprecated UIWebView in Google Mobile & IMA ads

SAI DEERAJ

Jun 25, 2020, 4:46:48 AM6/25/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, I am currently using the latest version(3.11.4) of GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK  & version(7.61.0) of Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK in my project but inspite of that I am unable to upload the project to Appstore. When I searched for the presence of UIWebView in my project then I have received the below stated issue. Please do the needful.

Binary file ./Pods/GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds matches

Binary file ./Pods/Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK/Frameworks/GoogleMobileAdsFramework-Current/GoogleMobileAds.framework/GoogleMobileAds matches

Thanks in advance.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 25, 2020, 6:18:47 AM6/25/20
to deera...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you confirm if you are using frameworks other than IMA SDK and Mobile Ads SDK? If so, could you please provide a copy of your podfile, and a list of any other frameworks not added via cocoapods? In addition, it would greatly help if you could provide a sample project where you are seeing the behavior. Kindly sent the requested details via Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Teejay Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q219Hs0:ref

Alan Kirk

Jun 27, 2020, 2:55:14 PM6/27/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I am also having same issue.

Alan Kirk

Jun 27, 2020, 3:21:18 PM6/27/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Pod Folder and list of Frameworks sent in private message.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 28, 2020, 11:19:08 PM6/28/20
to deera...@gmail.com, first...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sai,

I'm afraid we haven't receive your response privately. Could you kindly send it again, then let us know once this is done?

@Alan,

We've received your files privately. Could you kindly include your Podfile.txt as well? Also, are you using both Mobile Ads SDK and IMA SDK into your app?

SAI DEERAJ

Jun 28, 2020, 11:48:42 PM6/28/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Teejay,

I have shared the podfile privately which I am using currently. Please do the needful and let me know if there is anything u need.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 29, 2020, 12:10:08 AM6/29/20
to deera...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sai,

This is to confirm that we've received your file privately. Let me raise this to the team to get their insight as well. We'll get back to you the soonest they provide their feedback.

Alan Kirk

Jun 29, 2020, 1:58:46 AM6/29/20
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod, deera...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply,
I am using Mobile Ads SDK only.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 29, 2020, 4:22:42 AM6/29/20
to deera...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Would it be possible for you to provide a project (or at least a test project) where you're seeing the issue? Rest assured that the shared project file will be used for investigative purposes and will not be shared externally. Kindly share the requested details privately.

Alan Kirk

Jun 29, 2020, 5:39:23 AM6/29/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Do you need unity project or xcode project?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 29, 2020, 6:04:09 AM6/29/20
to first...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

It would much be appreciated if you could provide both XCode and Unity project. You may upload the requested files on your Google Drive, then provide us the shareable link privately.

SAI DEERAJ

Jun 30, 2020, 5:13:19 AM6/30/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Teejay,

I have shared a google drive link of the sample project consisting of Google Mobile Ads and Google IMA privately. Please check it and let me know if u need anything. Please do the needful as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 30, 2020, 9:39:53 AM6/30/20
to deera...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi SAI,

Thank you for responding back to us. I work with Teejay and will be helping you today with this issue.

I am unable to see a link to your Google drive, if possible can you share via "Reply privately to author" button with the link so that we can further look into this for you.

Regards,
William Pescherine

Heath Close

Jun 30, 2020, 4:30:48 PM6/30/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I found this thread because I tried to upload to app store today and my upload was denied for this very reason.  All my builds have been accepted during testflights until I implemented admob.  Is there a solution?

SAI DEERAJ

Jun 30, 2020, 10:04:32 PM6/30/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi William,

I have shared a google drive link of the sample project consisting of Google Mobile Ads and Google IMA privately. Please check it and let me know if u need anything. Please do the needful as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 1, 2020, 1:01:08 AM7/1/20
to deera...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sai,

This is to confirm that we've received your project file privately. Let me relay this to the rest of the team for further investigation. We'll update this thread the soonest they provide their feedback.

Regards,
Teejay Pimentel

Parvesh Kumar Chauhan

Jul 2, 2020, 10:02:56 AM7/2/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,
      I am also facing same issue. Any solution you have found?

Regards,
Parvesh chauhan

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 2, 2020, 9:54:39 PM7/2/20
to par...@readwhere.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Parvesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The team is still currently investigating this issue. It would prove very helpful to the investigation if you could provide the details below (via Reply privately to author) as well:

  • Copy of a sample project (replicating the issue)

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez

Luke Abby

Jul 4, 2020, 10:09:45 AM7/4/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hey, What is the solution?. (Admob Version 7.61.0)

I am trying to build my game for IOS but after uploading it to ITuneconnect I got this message.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).

I know this problem exists already. I searched my Project using this command

grep -r "UIWebView" .

I got these two matches

Binary file ./Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a matches

Binary file ./GoogleMobileAds.framework/GoogleMobileAds matches

I am using the latest version of Google mobile ads (7.61), as Google mentioned in released notes that they removed UIWebView in 7.55 and I am using 7.61. I searched in 7.61 IOS framework, UI WebView Still there.

I am using Unity 2019.2.2f1 Please let me know how can I solve this problem. I am very tired of this problem. Its very long procedure to get build for IOS and they told the problem when we uploaded it iTunes instead they should be told us while compiling.

So What is the solution?. Please fix it as early as possible.

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 8:49:08 AM UTC+5:30, mobileadssdkforumadvisor wrote:
Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 10.16.28 PM 1.png
Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 10.25.57 PM.png

Luke Abby

Jul 5, 2020, 7:24:36 AM7/5/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
What is the solution?. Have you found any solution? Please share it with me.

Alan Kirk

Jul 5, 2020, 7:27:32 AM7/5/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
@Luke Abby, What is your unity version?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 5, 2020, 9:43:42 PM7/5/20
to abby...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luke,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The team is still currently investigating the issue. In the meantime, could you kindly provide the details below (via Reply privately to author) in order to help with the investigation?

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez

Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q219Hs0:ref

Luke Abby

Jul 6, 2020, 9:44:29 AM7/6/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
How do I message you?.

--

---

Luke Abby

Jul 6, 2020, 9:45:42 AM7/6/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
unity 2019.2.0f1

brinda Clara

Jul 7, 2020, 12:40:32 PM7/7/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Dear SAI DEERAJ,

Did you solve this problem?. Could you tell me how did you solve this problem?.

Luke Abby

Jul 9, 2020, 1:53:36 PM7/9/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, any update on this issue?. we are waiting for your answer.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 9, 2020, 3:36:03 PM7/9/20
to abby...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luke,

The team has asked if it would also be possible to get your Podfile.lock so that they can also look into that.

Also was advised to ask if you would update your Unity. As it is also possible that could cause the issue. Based on previous developers. Since you stated that you are working on 19.2.2f1 i believe.

Regards,
William Pescherine

Usman Shah

Jul 13, 2020, 7:41:34 AM7/13/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Sir,
I am using
unity version 2019.4.3f1
google admob untity plugin 5.2.0
google admob framework 7.61

I am getting this issue

Binary file ./Pods/Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK/Frameworks/GoogleMobileAdsFramework-Current/GoogleMobileAds.framework/GoogleMobileAds matches  (that's due to unity plugin v5.2)

Binary file  ./GoogleMobileAds.framework/GoogleMobileAds matches (that's due to framework 7.61)

your help in this regard will highly appreciated.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 13, 2020, 1:07:34 PM7/13/20
to mani....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Usman,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

As stated in previous conversations with people on this thread the binary UIWebView that you might be seeing is definitely not the cause of this issue. As it is looking and finding a string literal that hads the UIWebbView in it that is causing that. And Apple is not rejecting based on the string literal.

As we have tested submitting apps to the Apple store and not run into this issue on our side. We have request if someone can give us a sample app that we can test with that is being rejected. As it is possible that there might be a library that is being added that could be causing this issue.

Also we would suggest contacting Unity to see if they are aware of anything in Unity that could be using a UIWebView to implement something.

Usman Shah

Jul 16, 2020, 12:32:37 AM7/16/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes they were rejecting due to libIphone.a
Now my ipa is approved.

Thanks

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 16, 2020, 1:26:01 AM7/16/20
to mani....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for reporting to us back. I'm glad that your Apple app was approved. Kindly let us know if you encounter any issues related to Mobile Ads SDK. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Teejay Pimentel
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mamadou Diallo

Jul 26, 2020, 2:48:27 PM7/26/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 26, 2020, 11:19:43 PM7/26/20
to mamad...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mamadou,

You may kindly check if you are using mediation adapters, as there may be mediated networks whose SDKs are triggering this warning as well (for context, the AdMob SDK pulls in these mediated network SDKs if you are using mediation).

Apart from the above, we will be needing a sample project if we wish to continue with the investigation. Feel free to send one (via Reply privately to author) as soon as you are able to provide one.

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez

Shraddha Vaishnani

Aug 18, 2020, 2:35:38 AM8/18/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Sai,

i have faced same issue so have you getting any solution related to this.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 18, 2020, 5:59:02 AM8/18/20
to shraddha....@inextrix.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

This should be fixed in the latest version of the SDK. If you still encounter the issue, kindly send us a project (or at least a test project) via Reply privately to author option, so we could check them on our end as well.

Regards,
Teejay Pimentel

Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23L2nH:ref

Nataliya Le Loup

Aug 25, 2020, 4:13:35 AM8/25/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

Do you have an idea when we could expect the fix? I updated GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK to version 3.12.1 and still have this issue.

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Nataliya

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 25, 2020, 6:21:52 AM8/25/20
to nataliy...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nataliya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If your issue is that apple rejected your app due to UIWebView,  then please do note that we have tested submitting apps to the Apple store and not run into this issue on our side. If you can give us a sample app that we can test with that is being rejected. As it is possible that there might be a library that is being added that could be causing this issue. Kindly send the requested details via Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23L2nH:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2021, 6:43:22 AM6/24/21
to mamad...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I hope you're doing well.

I just want to circle back on this. Could you please confirm if you still encounter the reported issue here?