Only shows Banner or Interstial

Daniel Mallzhen

Sep 1, 2014, 11:04:11 AM9/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i got this problem whith Admob.

On test mode it works just fine, my app shows both banners and interstials.
It sounds to me that the program shows one kind of ad, in my case is the first one. If the first scene is about to show a Interstial, them only interstial appears on the role game. if the first scene shows a banner, the game only has banners.

I got differente ID for each other, any help?

Daniel Mallzhen

Sep 1, 2014, 9:56:33 PM9/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
No answers? anyone?

Rjfun Mobile

Sep 1, 2014, 11:07:39 PM9/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
ios, or android? can you post some code or some logs?

Daniel Mallzhen

Sep 1, 2014, 11:15:20 PM9/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, its Android and im using Corona SDK.

Gabriel Rodrigues

Sep 2, 2014, 11:09:07 AM9/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This is part of the code we use. We repeat it in various scenes in our app. We simply used the model provided by the Corona Docs.

local ads = require("ads")
local appIDInterstitial = "ca-app-pub-xxxxx/xxxxx"

local function adListener(event)
local msg = event.response

if event.phase == "loaded" then
end

    if (event.isError) then
    else
    end
end

ads.init("admob", appIDInterstitial, adListener)

Then, during the game, some event is triggered and calls a function which shows the interstitial:

ads.show("interstitial", {appID = appIDInterstitial, testMode = false})

This code is for one of the scenes. There are other scenes similar to this, but which should show banners. The problem is that, when testMode = false, only the first kind of ad shows during the entire game. For example, if I set my game to display in the first scene an interstitial, only the interstitials will show. But if I set it to display in the first scene a banner, only the banners will show.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 3, 2014, 3:33:09 PM9/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you're using different ad unit IDs for banners and interstitials. When creating an ad unit, you're asked to specify if it's for "Banner" or "Interstitial" ads.  Non-test requests will fail if it's for an ad type that does not match the ad unit's ad type.