Configuring Ads to Open on User Touch Events?

Hosun Yoo

Jun 11, 2024, 11:22:59 PMJun 11
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

In this thread, the forum advisor mentioned:

> It depends upon the ad type some ads are configured in such a way that it navigates to the source immediately on user touch only and some of them on perform click.

Could you please clarify where this configuration can be set up by the advertiser or publisher (e.g., in Google Ad Manager)? Additionally, is it possible to disable this behavior from the publisher's side in Google Ad Manager?

I would appreciate it if you could direct me to the relevant documentation for this setting or configuration.

Thank you,

Hosun

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 12, 2024, 8:08:01 AMJun 12
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hosun,

I don't have any documents as of now and also i don't have any such ad setup in which these kind of ads are available.
Could you share any Sample project replicated issue or share any ad Id's so that we can check from end and if necessary will raise the issue then. You can provide info in this link.

Since it's totally depends upon the ad and their action behavior. For more info you can contact Product Support Team as they are better equipped to address this concern.

Thanks

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJIJx:ref" (ADR-00239707)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Hosun Yoo

Jun 12, 2024, 9:39:47 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you very much. I have just submitted the sample project and a video file demonstrating the issue.

The problem occurs with certain ads when users touch and scroll on an ad, and many of my users have reported this issue.

The sample project I submitted is based on the following example: https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-ios-examples/tree/master/Swift/advanced/BannerTableViewExample/BannerTableViewExample. The ad unit ID is "/22841079536/native_feed," and we adjusted the banner height to 250.

Thank you again for your help.

Hosun

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 13, 2024, 8:10:56 AM (13 days ago) Jun 13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hosun,

I have run the following example: https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-ios-examples/tree/master/Swift/advanced/BannerTableViewExample/BannerTableViewExample using your ID's and haven't replicated any such scenarios, as you have encountered the issue kindly provide us Charles session of the issue, and kindly note that we haven't received sample project and video recording of the issue kindly re share it via :

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tJIJxQAO&entry.80707362=00239707

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Hosun Yoo

Jun 14, 2024, 12:54:45 PM (12 days ago) Jun 14
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you.  I submitted the code and video to the Google Form and also attached the code to this reply.

TestAd 2.zip

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 17, 2024, 7:04:45 AM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hosun,

I have tested the application multiple times but haven't replicated the issue. This kind of behavior might be seen only with particular creatives. Kindly report the creatives that disturbs the user-app interaction. Could you confirm whether this issue is replicable in particular device if so kindly share the device details with us.

Kindly go through How to report an ad article for further assistance.