Add existing House Ad Campaign to app

Brandon H

Sep 15, 2014, 10:53:03 AM9/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have an app that I'm monetizing, and another that I'm promoting. I have House Ad Campaigns defined for both so that I can cross-promote them within each other.

However, every time I add a new Ad Unit to the Monetized one, and want to add the existing house campaign from the Promoted one, I have to re-create a whole new House Ad. This seems highly redundant. I've already created the campaign and the ad, can't I just "Add Existing House Campaign"?? I'm not seeing such an option in the AdMob portal. Using Chrome as a browser.

Thanks

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 17, 2014, 8:43:06 PM9/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
From the promote side, you can click through your existing campaign and edit which ad units to add the campaign to.

Brandon H

Sep 18, 2014, 8:35:41 AM9/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
"edit" yes, but not "add new"
How can I add an *existing* House Ad Campaign (as defined in Promote area) to an existing Ad Unit (as defined in the Monetize area)?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 18, 2014, 7:34:22 PM9/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Under the Promote tab:

1. Click your house ad campaign.
2. Click the "Ad Units" tab.
3. Click the "Select Ad Units" button.

You can then choose which ad units you want that campaign to apply too.

Brandon H

Sep 18, 2014, 10:10:19 PM9/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Maybe some visuals will help.

I go to Monetize, choose an app, Ad Units and am shown this:

Now, I want to add an In-House ad to the Progress page, so I choose Edit mediation:

Nope, can only create a whole new in house ad campaign. But I already have one created in the Promote area.
So I head to the promote area (as you suggest):

And can only edit where this in house campaign is already appearing.

Other then re-creating a whole new in house campaign, how can I take this one - which already is in two places (I honestly have no recollection as to how I accomplished this) - and apply it to these other (new) ad spots?

Thanks

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 19, 2014, 4:49:55 PM9/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Those screenshots are all from the "Monteize" tab. If you go to the "Promote" tab and find your campaigns, you can edit the ad units that the campaign targets.
promote1.png
promote2.png

Brandon H

Sep 19, 2014, 5:07:50 PM9/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. edit the ad units the campaign targets. Not add new ones. My screenshots weren't all from Monetize:

so the question remains, how does one ADD an in house ad to an existing app being monetized without re-creating the entire in house ad for every single app?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 19, 2014, 6:01:03 PM9/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I guess I'm still not understanding your question then.

Your campaign already contains the house ad. Through promote, you can configure your existing campaign to target your new ad units. That's effectively the same as having "Add existing campaign" button at the mediation settings level, which could configure your ad units to target an existing campaign. The association is just configured the other way around.

Brandon H

Sep 19, 2014, 8:02:42 PM9/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I can't, though.

I have two house ad campaigns, one for each app. If I go in to Monetize | Upload to YouTube I see my ad units there:

So now I expected to be able to go to Promote | Who Called Me and assign the House Ad Campaign for Who Called Me to one of the ad units for Upload to YouTube that currently doesn't have the house ad campaign assigned (those with "1 ad source" shown in the previous screenshot). I expected it to work as you have outlined. However, when I do so, I am met with:

seeing no spot where I can say "Hey current House Ad Campaign, I've got these two other Ad Units that aren't using you, please go ahead and assign yourself to them"

make sense? The only thing I see is the edit capability to either remove this ad campaign from the two ad units in Upload to YouTube which already have it, or tweak the settings for those ad units.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Sep 22, 2014, 4:45:15 PM9/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
From your second screenshot, if you click the "Select Ad Units" button, it should direct you to a page where you can manage which ad units the campaign applies to (see attached image).
Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 1.41.56 PM.png

Brandon H

Sep 22, 2014, 8:22:03 PM9/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Ah. found it.

Thanks. I think the UI could use some better verbiage. I thought the "select ad units" button, right above the checkboxes, meant "check the checkboxes".