AdMob WP8 SDK (6.5.11.0) Bug on pause/play device volume

Norberto bizzarri

Jan 7, 2014, 2:19:32 PM1/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

WP8 Store rejected our game for this...

tested AdMob WP8 SDK example.

1- Execute the app
2- press device volume
3- press pause or play button

the app crash...

---------------------------
Requirements
The app must handle exceptions raised by the any of the managed or native System API and not close unexpectedly. During the certification process, the app is monitored for unexpected closure. An app that closes unexpectedly fails certification. The app must continue to run and remain responsive to user input after the exception is handled.
Tip:
A Windows Phone 7 or 8 application may run flawlessly during development and testing, but after submitting it for certification testing, the application may crash or perform unexpectedly. Along these same lines, your application may not perform as expected after publication. This resource, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2859130, explains the most common reasons for this along with remedies.

Expected Result
1. Launch your app.
2. Navigate throughout the app, and then close the app.
3. Verify that unexpected behavior does not occur during the closing process.
4. Verify that the app remains responsive to user input and user interaction following an app error.
Comments:
The application terminates unexpectedly in response to user input. Steps to reproduce:

1. Play music on the device from the Music + Videos Hub.

2. Launch the application.
3. Press the device's volume toggle button.
4. Select "Pause".

5. Notice the application unexpectedly terminates.

==============================================================================================================
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\mscorlib.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.RuntimeHost.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Net.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Xml.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{DD1DEEAC-CF60-47F2-AB05-A1CA568BD3A9}\Install\GoogleAds.ExampleApps.BannerExample.DLL'. Symbols loaded.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{DD1DEEAC-CF60-47F2-AB05-A1CA568BD3A9}\Install\googleads.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Core.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\en-US\mscorlib.debug.resources.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.winmd'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Runtime.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
An exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in googleads.DLL and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Runtime.Serialization.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly'.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
An exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
An exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
Received ad successfully
Ex : FrameworkDispatcher.Update has not been called. Regular FrameworkDispatcher.Update calls are necessary for fire and forget sound effects and framework events to function correctly. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=193853 for details.
Ex stacktrace :    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.FrameworkDispatcher.AddNewPendingCall(ManagedCallType callType, UInt32 arg)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.UserAsyncDispatcher.AsyncDispatcherThreadFunction()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
StackTrace :    at GoogleAds.ExampleApps.BannerExample.App.Application_UnhandledException(Object sender, ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.Error.CallApplicationUEHandler(Exception e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs args)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.FrameworkDispatcher.AddNewPendingCall(ManagedCallType callType, UInt32 arg)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.UserAsyncDispatcher.AsyncDispatcherThreadFunction()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The program '[3972] TaskHost.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jan 15, 2014, 8:06:36 PM1/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Norberto,

This is a known bug. We can't say when there will be a fix.

Amy Quispe
This conversation is locked